Sting 9.6, D.Jr 11.2, SF 5 param modifications

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dayffd

Sting 9.6, D.Jr 11.2, SF 5 param modifications

Post by Dayffd »

Does anyone have any modifications to the parameters in Sting 9.6, Deep Junior 11.2, and/or Stockfish 5 they consider interesting they would be willing to share? I'm interested in running a couple of coffee house tournaments.
David S.
supersharp77

Re: Sting 9.6, D.Jr 11.2, SF 5 param modifications

Post by supersharp77 »

Dayffd wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:19 pm Does anyone have any modifications to the parameters in Sting 9.6, Deep Junior 11.2, and/or Stockfish 5 they consider interesting they would be willing to share? I'm interested in running a couple of coffee house tournaments.
With Sting and SF5 you could add some sort of new opening book (book.bin) created with the moves/ move orders you make like to see aka Gambit, D-4 E4-C5 etc) you can adjust the mobility and the passed pawn settings a bit and the contempt settings perhaps a touch for more aggressive play...With Junior a more aggressive opening book(bin) helps and there are some contempt settings as well those adjustments should give you the type of play you desire...Good Luck! :) :wink:
Dayffd

Re: Sting 9.6, D.Jr 11.2, SF 5 param modifications

Post by Dayffd »

I should have mentioned "...any parameters that could be shared to go along with the ones I already have."
David S.