'Square Off' Automated ChessBoards..

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

supersharp77

'Square Off' Automated ChessBoards..

Post by supersharp77 »

Square Off Chessboards:
"Our Story
Mission & Vision
All we want to do is add a little magic to the everyday lives of people, through our creations. We are bringing together Telerobotics and AI to build machines that feel more human than mechanical, connecting the world than giving people means of isolation.
At Infivention,
we create robots that move you.
Our story
Journey
so far"

"Worlds Smartest Chessboard"

https://squareoffnow.com/
mephisto

Re: 'Square Off' Automated ChessBoards..

Post by mephisto »

Unfortunately the programming of the sliding pieces isn't on par with the old Fidelity or Excalibur Phantoms. Pieces sometimes slightly bump into other pieces and other times the pieces aren't positioned in the middle of the squares.

Every time I ask when a software update is going to be released I get the same answer that it on their to do list.

Unfortunately their new Black & White board is only available in America. I have asked them why this is and if they intend to sell their new board here in Europe but they have not answered my enquiry.
What's my next move? - to the fridge for another beer !!
supersharp77

Post by supersharp77 »

mephisto wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:50 am Unfortunately the programming of the sliding pieces isn't on par with the old Fidelity or Excalibur Phantoms. Pieces sometimes slightly bump into other pieces and other times the pieces aren't positioned in the middle of the squares.

Every time I ask when a software update is going to be released I get the same answer that it on their to do list.

Unfortunately their new Black & White board is only available in America. I have asked them why this is and if they intend to sell their new board here in Europe but they have not answered my enquiry.
Are the chess pieces in proper proportion to the Chess Squares? They look a little small based on the photos...How tall is the King and Queen? :) :wink:
mephisto

Post by mephisto »

King is approx 2.5" night.
The smallness of the pieces is supposed to be so the pieces don't collide with one another when the knights move and when you castle.
What's my next move? - to the fridge for another beer !!