Crafty 25.3 Release

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
User avatar
Graham Banks
Posts: 34375
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Auckland, NZ

Re: Crafty 25.3 Release

Post by Graham Banks » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:09 am

Thanks Mike and Dann. :)
gbanksnz at gmail.com

User avatar
Graham Banks
Posts: 34375
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Auckland, NZ

Re: Crafty 25.3 Release

Post by Graham Banks » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:15 am

Are the two exes provided generic or only for BMi2 or popcount?
gbanksnz at gmail.com

supersharp77
Posts: 903
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:54 am
Location: Southwest USA

Re: Crafty 25.3 Release

Post by supersharp77 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:42 am

Graham Banks wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:15 am
Are the two exes provided generic or only for BMi2 or popcount?
Exactly.. my compile crashed... there was only one exe...probably is popcount....There is another version of Crafty 25.3
floating around..That one (nonpopcnt) works very well... :lol: :wink:

User avatar
Graham Banks
Posts: 34375
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Auckland, NZ

Re: Crafty 25.3 Release

Post by Graham Banks » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:49 pm

Please can somebody make exes that work for non-popcount, popcount and bmi2?
gbanksnz at gmail.com

jewelmind
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:02 am
Full name: Matthew Power

Re: Crafty 25.3 Release

Post by jewelmind » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:33 pm

This is good news. I'm assuming that the new version of Crafty is still Winboard compatible and can still be imported into Chessmaster 10/11?

User avatar
MikeB
Posts: 4358
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:34 am
Location: Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania

Re: Crafty 25.3 Release

Post by MikeB » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:10 am

jewelmind wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:33 pm
This is good news. I'm assuming that the new version of Crafty is still Winboard compatible and can still be imported into Chessmaster 10/11?
There has been no change with respect to GUI compatibility, if it worked previously, it will still work.
Image

Jimbo I
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:34 am
Location: USA

Re: Crafty 25.3 Release

Post by Jimbo I » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:04 am

jewelmind wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:33 pm
This is good news. I'm assuming that the new version of Crafty is still Winboard compatible and can still be imported into Chessmaster 10/11?
So far, I think there's only a 64-bit compile of version 25.3, which will not work in Chessmaster 10. I don't know if it will work in Chessmaster 11. If someone makes a 32-bit compile, then it should work in Chessmaster 10 and 11. In any case, you'll probably want to also download the crafty.rc file (the configuration file) and learn how to edit it with a text editor like Notepad.

jewelmind
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:02 am
Full name: Matthew Power

Re: Crafty 25.3 Release

Post by jewelmind » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:01 am

Jimbo I wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:04 am
jewelmind wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:33 pm
This is good news. I'm assuming that the new version of Crafty is still Winboard compatible and can still be imported into Chessmaster 10/11?
So far, I think there's only a 64-bit compile of version 25.3, which will not work in Chessmaster 10. I don't know if it will work in Chessmaster 11. If someone makes a 32-bit compile, then it should work in Chessmaster 10 and 11. In any case, you'll probably want to also download the crafty.rc file (the configuration file) and learn how to edit it with a text editor like Notepad.
Thanks for this precise advice. I'm currently using CM 10, but I've got CM 11 coming in the mail from France (I'm in Australia). I'll try to install the new 64-bit Crafty in CM 11 when it arrives and post the results.

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 5485
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: Crafty 25.3 Release

Post by Rebel » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:54 am

Where do I find a list of available Crafty executables anyway?

Bob's university account is no longer.
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

Guenther
Posts: 3342
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Full name: Guenther Simon
Contact:

Re: Crafty 25.3 Release

Post by Guenther » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:08 am

Rebel wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:54 am
Where do I find a list of available Crafty executables anyway?

Bob's university account is no longer.
https://web.archive.org/web/20081026113 ... wnload.htm (Crafty up to 18.x)
http://kirr.homeunix.org/chess/engines/ ... tt/CRAFTY/ (later Craftys)
https://github.com/MichaelB7/Crafty/releases (the last ones)

Generally you find all links for downloads of any engine here
CCW: http://www.computer-chess.org/doku.php? ... ngine_list
RWBC: http://rwbc-chess.de/chronology.htm (XB/UCI chronology tab)
https://rwbc-chess.de
Greg Strong@ovyron wrote: What I think is that you have a very, very, VERY strong desire to post, and very little self-control.
All the time. In every conversation. You must post. Something. It's like you just can't help yourself.

Post Reply