A letter of thanks and gratitude to the scientific community, they describe a door through which tomorrow is glimpsed

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
karger

Re: A letter of thanks and gratitude to the scientific community, they describe a door through which tomorrow is glimpse

Post by karger » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:46 pm

Ovyron , please be nice to old father , he thinks his chess is amazing , it is probably all he has left. Karger

Father
Full name: Pablo Ignacio Restrepo

"Obscurantism City."Man versus machine 2019

Post by Father » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:13 am

"Obscurantism City."

Once upon a time, from a city where there was a bright sun; strangely in this city all the people walked with one arm raised and the palm of the open hand shouting loudly: "There is no light, everything is dark." In that city there was a madman, who enjoyed the star sun, and very early in the morning he came out on top of a mountain to receive the vital energy. Everyone said he was crazy for not having his hand raised with his palm open and because instead of shouting loudly, "the sun does not exist, everything is dark," when he rises and sees the first rays of sun rise in the dawn, that madman It stretched on the floor and with his thoughts and words in low volume, he said: "Thank God for one more day, thank you for the star sun."

The name of that small city was, "obscurantism" and its asylum was called, "the sun star." That madman finally found a good friend at the top of the mountain who told the madman: "In the city of obscurantism always remember, good is called evil, evil is called good, the evidence is called lie, defeat is called victory, and victory is called defeat. Don't suffer brother, enjoy the star sun that gives you the vital energy.

Trying playserver.chessbase.com Connected Login Welcome, Grand-Father! Server Time = 02:38 (UTC+2h), 1373 users online Your local weather: [WTH_3CLOUD_THUNDERS], Temperature: 24°C, Wind: North 0Bft. Elo: Grand-Father Rated (Classic) 3 min No. of players receiving your offer: 6
Stockfish 160919 64 POPCNT (16 threads): 29.2 plies; 17.095kN/s AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor 3693MHz, (8 cores, 16 threads) Stockfish 160919 64 POPCNT (16 threads): 29.7 plies; 17.045kN/s AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor 3693MHz, (8 cores, 16 threads) New Elo: 2033 (+32), Classic.

I am thinking chess is in a coin.Human beings for ever playing in one face.Now I am playing in the other face:"Antichess". Computers are as a fortres where owner forgot to close a little door behind. You must enter across this door.Forget the front.

Ovyron

Re: A letter of thanks and gratitude to the scientific community, they describe a door through which tomorrow is glimpse

Post by Ovyron » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:20 am

karger wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:46 pm
Ovyron , please be nice to old father , he thinks his chess is amazing , it is probably all he has left. Karger
But he promised me the increment game, and now he's just ignoring me. I don't think it's possible he can produce the game at all, so it'd be nice if Father admitted it.
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Father
Full name: Pablo Ignacio Restrepo

"I play my life, change my life, I still lose it,"MAN VERSUS MACHINE 2019 PABLO IGNACIO RESTREPO Father and Grand-Father

Post by Father » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:31 am

Ovyron wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:20 am
karger wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:46 pm
But he promised me the increment game, and now he's just ignoring me. I don't think it's possible he can produce the game at all, so it'd be nice if Father admitted it.
"Be patient brother, be patient ..." said that friend to the crazy old man." "What do you mean wise man," the madman replied. "Look, I recommend that you go on a cybernetic path to China, and tell the man who has the blue fish computer, that he allows you to face his insoluble hardware that calculates 157,500,000 plays per second. In this city of crazy people, it will seem ridiculous to you that your crazy old man neutralizes the power and strength of the bluefish machine." In the meantime let's drink some crystal clear water from the deep oceanic blue.
Let's offer old friend, let's toast, for your games, and please don't read the lies of the media that express in their lines: "The chess machines are invincible." You could go crazy like everyone who believes such a lie, have fun and play as much as you can.
It is true. Recall the poet Leon de Greift: "I play my life, change my life, I still lose it,"
Grand-Father

BlueFish (8 cores): 28.7 plies; 140.487kN/s Intel(R) Xeon(R) Silver
4116 CPU @ 2.10GHz 2095MHz
Grand-Father - Noobpwnftw ½-1½
New Elo: 2046 (+15), Classic.
BlueFish (8 cores): 27.8 plies; 139.947kN/s Intel(R) Xeon(R) Silver
4116 CPU @ 2.10GHz 2095MHz
Opponent closed game window
08:48 p.m.

I am thinking chess is in a coin.Human beings for ever playing in one face.Now I am playing in the other face:"Antichess". Computers are as a fortres where owner forgot to close a little door behind. You must enter across this door.Forget the front.

Ovyron

Re: "I play my life, change my life, I still lose it,"MAN VERSUS MACHINE 2019 PABLO IGNACIO RESTREPO Father and Grand-Fa

Post by Ovyron » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:40 am

Father wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:31 am
[Event "Rated game, 5 min"]
That's still without increment, why do you keep ignoring me even though you're quoting me? Do you speak Spanish? Let's try this:

Hay una cosa que se llama "incremento", que son los segundos que se le añade al reloj de un jugador cada que hace una jugada. Lo que te estoy pidiendo es un juego donde derrotes a la maquina en un partido con incremento (digamos, 5 segundos), pero sigues mandando juegos sin esto...
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:32 am

The good old days when playing computers...