Guess the Poster CCC-WordCloud Fun Competition

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Sam Hull
Full name: Sam Hull

Re: Guess the Poster CCC-WordCloud Fun Competition

Post by Sam Hull »

chrisw wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:06 pm
Sam Hull wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:42 pm
Curious to know if you strip quoted posts of others before analysis ...

-Sam-
Well, I think I do, just checked. Yes, all posts are stripped of everything except poster text. Thanks for the OMG-did-I-overlook-something-so-stupid moment.

BeautifulSoup btw.

From the stripped text, words are extracted into a list, everything is lowercased, and all non a-z characters removed for purposes of WordCloud. Actually, one only needs to look at Thorsten's worldcloud for CTF to be assured of this.
Very cool. I will grab the URLs you posted and restore them above.

-Sam-
chrisw

Post by chrisw »

Sam Hull wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:06 pm

-Sam-
Well, I think I do, just checked. Yes, all posts are stripped of everything except poster text. Thanks for the OMG-did-I-overlook-something-so-stupid moment.

BeautifulSoup btw.

From the stripped text, words are extracted into a list, everything is lowercased, and all non a-z characters removed for purposes of WordCloud. Actually, one only needs to look at Thorsten's worldcloud for CTF to be assured of this.

-Sam-
ah! I just did the FunkyImg idea of Ovyron

it might just be easiest if either I had a higher limit, or the clouds could go somewhere direct.
Sam Hull

Post by Sam Hull »

chrisw wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:12 pm

-Sam-

BeautifulSoup btw.

-Sam-

it might just be easiest if either I had a higher limit, or the clouds could go somewhere direct.
If you want to load the unlabeled versions and send me the URLs I can restore this thread to its original mysterious form ... I don't think I can raise the memory use limit on the board since we share space with the host's website.

-Sam-
chrisw

Post by chrisw »

Sam Hull wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:17 pm

-Sam-

BeautifulSoup btw.

-Sam-

If you want to load the unlabeled versions and send me the URLs I can restore this thread to its original mysterious form ... I don't think I can raise the memory use limit on the board since we share space with the host's website.

-Sam-
Except there's a size limit, which I'll exceed if I try uploading more. Each one is about 256kb

At the moment there are 30 posters, and 15 files, I think. 4Mb.
No reason to not make more, btw
Sam Hull

Post by Sam Hull »

chrisw wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:25 pm

-Sam-

BeautifulSoup btw.

-Sam-

-Sam-
Except there's a size limit, which I'll exceed if I try uploading more. Each one is about 256kb

Not to over complicate things, but I switched to ImageBB (ibb.co) when TinyPic bit the dust a few months ago. 16Mb available there.

-Sam-
chrisw

Post by chrisw »

Sam Hull wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:28 pm

-Sam-

BeautifulSoup btw.

-Sam-

-Sam-

Not to over complicate things, but I switched to ImageBB (ibb.co) when TinyPic bit the dust a few months ago. 16Mb available there.

-Sam-
ok, so basically I just need to regenerate the first three .pngs but labelled with numbers, not names, dump them somewhere and send you the URLs. At which point you can edit them in.

Will do later.
Sam Hull

Post by Sam Hull »

chrisw wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:37 pm

-Sam-

BeautifulSoup btw.

-Sam-

-Sam-

-Sam-
ok, so basically I just need to regenerate the first three .pngs but labelled with numbers, not names, dump them somewhere and send you the URLs. At which point you can edit them in.

Will do later.
Roger. (No harder to find myself than counting little Indians.)

-Sam-
chrisw

Post by chrisw »

Sam Hull wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:52 pm
chrisw wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:37 pm

-Sam-

BeautifulSoup btw.

-Sam-

-Sam-

-Sam-

Will do later.
Roger. (No harder to find myself than counting little Indians.)

-Sam-
Hi Sam,
I completely screwed up the CTF set and lost all the indexing, so have now redone everything, which basically means the possibility to re-generate the out-of-space-deleted three is no longer possible. Apologies.