CSVN tournament, 7 + 8 December!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
User avatar
flok
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:19 am
Full name: Folkert van Heusden
Contact:

Re: CSVN tournament, 7 + 8 December!

Post by flok » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:55 pm

Paloma wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:36 pm
Yes what?

Is it cancelled?
No but I got annoyed by your "bad".
www.vanheusden.com: Micah / Embla / PuppetMaster / DeepBrutePos / Pos / Feeks

Paloma
Posts: 917
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: CSVN tournament, 7 + 8 December!

Post by Paloma » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:51 pm

I'm just wondering that there's no information.

jdart
Posts: 3923
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:23 am
Location: http://www.arasanchess.org

Re: CSVN tournament, 7 + 8 December!

Post by jdart » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:39 pm

Richard Pijl tells me Rofchade won the Programmer's Tournament. Arasan was 2nd. I don't have more info right now.

--Jon

pijl
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:59 pm

Re: CSVN tournament, 7 + 8 December!

Post by pijl » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:27 am

Sorry for the silence during the tournament. We had to improvise a little and the reports on the site as well as here in the forum were the victim of that. A quick summary (I hope someone, perhaps me, will be able to write a more extended version):

The tournament was played with 8 participants. All programs were operated by its author, except Arasan. Tessa, who operated for Arasan a couple of years ago was doing it this tournament again. Final standing:
1. Rofchade
2. Arasan
3. The Baron
4. The King
5. Arminius
6/7. Spartacus, Micah
8. Gadget

Until the final round Rofchade had won all its games, while Arasan dropped half a point against the Baron in a better, but still drawn ending. The Baron drew its game against the King earlier. In the final round Rofchade drew Arasan and by doing that it won the tournament.

Hardware used (for as far as I remember):
Rofchade: Threadripper, 16 cores
Arasan: Amazon cloud instance, 48 cores
The Baron: Intel Xeon, 28 cores
The King: 4 cores
Arminius: Threadripper, 16 cores
Micah: Threadripper, 16 cores
Spartacus: 1 core
Gadget: 1 core

We played this time in the nice city of Gouda, famous for its cheese, siroopwafels, candlesticks and clay pipes.
On Sunday we had three chess programmers visiting us: Ed Schroder, Chris Whittington and Marcel van Kervinck

We hope to announce the date for the next tournament (probably end of April or early in May) soon.
Richard.

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 5153
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: CSVN tournament, 7 + 8 December!

Post by Rebel » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:09 am

It's was nice to see many of the familar faces again :D
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

Paloma
Posts: 917
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: CSVN tournament, 7 + 8 December!

Post by Paloma » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:48 pm

Thanks for the report.

Post Reply