Banksia GUI released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Gabor Szots
Full name: Gabor Szots

Re: Banksia GUI released

Post by Gabor Szots »

I am always led to version 3.0. Is this not the right URL: https://banksiagui.com/preview-versions/?
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group
supersharp77

Re: Version 0.13 released

Post by supersharp77 »

phhnguyen wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:18 am Version 0.13 released

1) Bugs fixed: almost all known bugs so far, including (serious ones):
- Crashed when creating a database and/or open games from databases in some systems
- Could not parse some PGN games
- Ruled O-O+ and O-O-O+ as illegal moves
- Did not swap multi-timers when changing engines’ sides in tournaments

2) Some small improvements/adjustments

3) New features:
- Open PGN games from URLs
- Analyze games using multi engines (just select multi engines as bellow illustration)

14 Is A "Lucky Number" for me I will await the release of update GUI v0.14..any news on saving multiple ongoing tournaments in the Banksia GUI? Thx AR :D :wink:
BrendanJNorman
Full name: Brendan J Norman

Post by BrendanJNorman »

supersharp77 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:23 pm
phhnguyen wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:18 am Version 0.13 released

1) Bugs fixed: almost all known bugs so far, including (serious ones):
- Crashed when creating a database and/or open games from databases in some systems
- Could not parse some PGN games
- Ruled O-O+ and O-O-O+ as illegal moves
- Did not swap multi-timers when changing engines’ sides in tournaments

2) Some small improvements/adjustments

3) New features:
- Open PGN games from URLs
- Analyze games using multi engines (just select multi engines as bellow illustration)

14 Is A "Lucky Number" for me I will await the release of update GUI v0.14..any news on saving multiple ongoing tournaments in the Banksia GUI? Thx AR :D :wink:
The speed that this guy is releasing is breath-taking - I really wish we could support him somehow.

I'm going to review Banksia on my website, so that'll get him a ton of new users, but still...

This GUI is going to the the dominant one for computer chess by end of 2020, I have no doubts.

Love it.

Really impressive work.
phhnguyen
Full name: Nguyen Hong Pham

Re: Banksia GUI released

Post by phhnguyen »

Gabor Szots wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:19 pm I am always led to version 3.0. Is this not the right URL: https://banksiagui.com/preview-versions/?
Yes, it is still alpha and released unofficially via that link. I will make half-officially releases soon :)
https://banksiagui.com
The most features chess GUI, based on opensource Banksia - the chess tournament manager
phhnguyen

Post by phhnguyen »

supersharp77 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:23 pm ...
For me, a bigger number is a bit better since I have some chance to clear some bugs (as well as adding some new ones :lol: ) and add some new features.

BTW, what do you mean "saving multiple ongoing tournaments"? Can you explain more? Thanks.
The most features chess GUI, based on opensource Banksia - the chess tournament manager
phhnguyen

Post by phhnguyen »

BrendanJNorman wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:11 am ...
The speed that this guy is releasing is breath-taking - I really wish we could support him somehow.

I'm going to review Banksia on my website, so that'll get him a ton of new users, but still...

This GUI is going to the the dominant one for computer chess by end of 2020, I have no doubts.

Love it.

Really impressive work.
Thanks a lot for good words and help :)

Help is more than welcome and highly appreciated.

If you and other people write something about, tutorials, videos... please let us know, I would like to share on banksiagui.com
BrendanJNorman

Post by BrendanJNorman »

phhnguyen wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:02 pm
For me, a bigger number is a bit better since I have some chance to clear some bugs (as well as adding some new ones :lol: ) and add some new features.

BTW, what do you mean "saving multiple ongoing tournaments"? Can you explain more? Thanks.
He means, say you have an ongoing 20 round swiss going on with 300 engines...this will take time.

What if he wants to pause that tournament and run a quick Stockfish gauntlet...he can't. :(

Have to finish the big swiss first.

Therefore, it'd be great to be able to save an ongoing tournament to a "current tournament.bkst" file or whatever and resume whenever you like, regardless of how many tournaments have run in between.
BrendanJNorman

Post by BrendanJNorman »

phhnguyen wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:08 pm
BrendanJNorman wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:11 am ...

Love it.

Really impressive work.
Thanks a lot for good words and help :)

Help is more than welcome and highly appreciated.

If you and other people write something about, tutorials, videos... please let us know, I would like to share on banksiagui.com
No problem, I'll let you know. ;)
phhnguyen

Post by phhnguyen »

BrendanJNorman wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:09 pm

He means, say you have an ongoing 20 round swiss going on with 300 engines...this will take time.

What if he wants to pause that tournament and run a quick Stockfish gauntlet...he can't. :(

Therefore, it'd be great to be able to save an ongoing tournament to a "current tournament.bkst" file or whatever and resume whenever you like, regardless of how many tournaments have run in between.
Very interesting idea! Sure I will implement it. Thanks all a lot.
satyendrainbhopal
Full name: Shad Yantra

Post by satyendrainbhopal »

phhnguyen wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:05 pm
BrendanJNorman wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:09 pm

Very interesting idea! Sure I will implement it. Thanks all a lot.
I am very glad to see great app designers.. wonderful rock :)
•••••••••
Respect Dharma, Construct Karma