Banksia GUI released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

sarona
Full name: Ron Doughie

Re: Banksia GUI released

Post by sarona »

I have spent many hours enjoying your wonderful GUI.

My own wife and I wish you and yours a succesful treatment and full recovery.
leslies

Post by leslies »

pray,pray,and pray some more.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

phhnguyen wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:31 pm Hi all,

Sorry all for not replying for a while. I have made a notice on the Banksia GUI home page (on the Download page) and now I re-post here for being understood:

My wife has just been diagnosed with breast cancer. I have been with her to fight it thus I can’t focus on chess and BanksiaGUI at the moment even still being on/off. All issues, discussions, emails… will be replied/continued later. All supports are welcome and highly appreciated!

If I can't be back to work with BSG or postpone too long, I may release its code as an open-source (BTW, I have planed sooner or later I will publish its code) and ask the community to help to maintain it.

Thanks all for understanding!
My deepest prayers for you and your wife for her speedy and full recovery. God Bless.
mikebock
Full name: Michael Bock

Post by mikebock »

Sorry to hear about that sad news. Positive thoughts and prayers for her speedy recovery.
BrendanJNorman
Full name: Brendan J Norman

Post by BrendanJNorman »

phhnguyen wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:31 pm Hi all,

Sorry all for not replying for a while. I have made a notice on the Banksia GUI home page (on the Download page) and now I re-post here for being understood:

My wife has just been diagnosed with breast cancer. I have been with her to fight it thus I can’t focus on chess and BanksiaGUI at the moment even still being on/off. All issues, discussions, emails… will be replied/continued later. All supports are welcome and highly appreciated!

If I can't be back to work with BSG or postpone too long, I may release its code as an open-source (BTW, I have planed sooner or later I will publish its code) and ask the community to help to maintain it.

Thanks all for understanding!
Take care brother.

Make sure you yourself get enough rest and if you need ppl to talk to, reach out...

Feel free (seriously) to open up a Patreon account and gain support from the CC community.

Your work has brought us a lot of happiness and you deserve support in such a difficult time.

I know for sure that If my wife were in such a position, any help from outside would be much appreciated.

So when you have time...set something up.

Would love to throw a few $ over to help a brother (and sister) in a terrible situation.

And I'm sure a lot of the (sometimes crazy) people here feel the same.

Medical care isn't cheap...we can contribute, even a little.

Thoughts and prayers with you...keep us posted.
mvanthoor
Full name: Marcel Vanthoor

Post by mvanthoor »

I haven't used your user interface (yet), but I've checked into the thread and website now and again.

I'd like to wish your wife to have a fast recovery, and hope that you will be able to to make the process somewhat easier for the both of you. Good luck.
Author of Rustic, an engine written in Rust.
Releases | Code | Docs | Progress | CCRL
phhnguyen
Full name: Nguyen Hong Pham

Post by phhnguyen »

Thank all for the sympathies and supports. They really warmed our hearts in hard days! Our battle (vs breast cancer) seems be hard, nonstop and long but we have been preparing and fighting for that.

BTW, I continued computer chess/BSG whenever I have some free time since it still gives me some relaxation and connection (to more people). However, recently I don’t have much time, energy and focus, I pick up and work on what I think easy/fresh first, thus some bugs, feature requests may be continually delayed. The releasing period will be significantly longer than before.

FYI, I have been working on the next version of BSG and a new freeware, open-source Banksia GUI for iOS which will be released with Lc0, Stockfish (NNUE) as well as some top engines.
https://banksiagui.com
The most features chess GUI, based on opensource Banksia - the chess tournament manager
JohnS

Post by JohnS »

phhnguyen wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:06 am Thank all for the sympathies and supports. They really warmed our hearts in hard days! Our battle (vs breast cancer) seems be hard, nonstop and long but we have been preparing and fighting for that.

BTW, I continued computer chess/BSG whenever I have some free time since it still gives me some relaxation and connection (to more people). However, recently I don’t have much time, energy and focus, I pick up and work on what I think easy/fresh first, thus some bugs, feature requests may be continually delayed. The releasing period will be significantly longer than before.

FYI, I have been working on the next version of BSG and a new freeware, open-source Banksia GUI for iOS which will be released with Lc0, Stockfish (NNUE) as well as some top engines.
Excellent news about your continued work on Banksia - must be tough to look at it at the moment. I hope your wife is making good progress and will recover completely and quickly.
mikebock
Full name: Michael Bock

Post by mikebock »

Please take care of your family as that's your most important priority.

This app can wait until your wife is healthy again. I hope she has a speedy and full recovery.
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

Hello,

Feature Request:

Would like to see the ability to change the font color of the digits displayed on the 'Score Graph'.

Thanks, and I hope you are doing well.
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."