Page 91 of 95

Re: Banksia GUI released

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:14 am
by JohnS
Is it possible to save tournament conditions (engines, time control etc) to a file and reload and edit the tournament file later thanks.

Re: Banksia GUI released

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:21 am
by JohnS
phhnguyen wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:10 am
I have been testing opening live games + analyzing on-fly. Below is the screen BSG was "watching" live games of TCEC and analyzing on-fly by 3 engines. It was interesting when they did not agree (three different thinking arrows) :D
small typo - "topp" - "top"

Re: Banksia GUI released

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:38 am
by phhnguyen
JohnS wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:14 am
Is it possible to save tournament conditions (engines, time control etc) to a file and reload and edit the tournament file later thanks.
Short answer: yes

For being simple, you just click on the button resume/stop on Tournament panel so you can start/stop/resume the current tournament at any time.

For saving to files: all info are stored in some JSON files in BSG configuration folder. They are:
  • banksiaengines.json: all engine configurations (such as their names, paths, options values...)
  • banksiatour.json: all settings about the current tournament (such as involving engines, time controls, tour type...)
  • banksiaplaying.json: all info about the current tournament such as engines' pairs, openings, results
JSON files are simply text files, readable for both human and software. You can read and edit them to what you want (say, changed results, time controls...). You may even copy those JSON files to other computers and continue the tournament from there (suppose those computers have similar engines and paths or you can edit them).

To find the configuration folder: go menu->File->Settings to open Settings dialog. The button in the bottom is to open another dialog in which you can see the configuration folder.

Re: Banksia GUI released

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:40 am
by phhnguyen
JohnS wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:21 am
phhnguyen wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:10 am
I have been testing opening live games + analyzing on-fly. Below is the screen BSG was "watching" live games of TCEC and analyzing on-fly by 3 engines. It was interesting when they did not agree (three different thinking arrows) :D
small typo - "topp" - "top"
Thank you! Fixing :oops:

Re: Banksia GUI released

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:30 am
by JohnS
phhnguyen wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:38 am
JohnS wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:14 am
Is it possible to save tournament conditions (engines, time control etc) to a file and reload and edit the tournament file later thanks.
Short answer: yes

For being simple, you just click on the button resume/stop on Tournament panel so you can start/stop/resume the current tournament at any time.

For saving to files: all info are stored in some JSON files in BSG configuration folder. They are:
  • banksiaengines.json: all engine configurations (such as their names, paths, options values...)
  • banksiatour.json: all settings about the current tournament (such as involving engines, time controls, tour type...)
  • banksiaplaying.json: all info about the current tournament such as engines' pairs, openings, results
JSON files are simply text files, readable for both human and software. You can read and edit them to what you want (say, changed results, time controls...). You may even copy those JSON files to other computers and continue the tournament from there (suppose those computers have similar engines and paths or you can edit them).

To find the configuration folder: go menu->File->Settings to open Settings dialog. The button in the bottom is to open another dialog in which you can see the configuration folder.
Thanks for the information.

Suggestion - have an option to save the current tournament data to a file say my_tournament.json in BSG configuration folder. Then have another option to load my_tournament.json later on, edit it (change engines, time etc) and save as say my_newtournament.json and so on. This ways users can keep track of the data of different tournaments easily.

Re: Banksia GUI released

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:56 am
by phhnguyen
JohnS wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:30 am
phhnguyen wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:38 am
JohnS wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:14 am
Is it possible to save tournament conditions (engines, time control etc) to a file and reload and edit the tournament file later thanks.
Short answer: yes

For being simple, you just click on the button resume/stop on Tournament panel so you can start/stop/resume the current tournament at any time.

For saving to files: all info are stored in some JSON files in BSG configuration folder. They are:
  • banksiaengines.json: all engine configurations (such as their names, paths, options values...)
  • banksiatour.json: all settings about the current tournament (such as involving engines, time controls, tour type...)
  • banksiaplaying.json: all info about the current tournament such as engines' pairs, openings, results
JSON files are simply text files, readable for both human and software. You can read and edit them to what you want (say, changed results, time controls...). You may even copy those JSON files to other computers and continue the tournament from there (suppose those computers have similar engines and paths or you can edit them).

To find the configuration folder: go menu->File->Settings to open Settings dialog. The button in the bottom is to open another dialog in which you can see the configuration folder.
Thanks for the information.

Suggestion - have an option to save the current tournament data to a file say my_tournament.json in BSG configuration folder. Then have another option to load my_tournament.json later on, edit it (change engines, time etc) and save as say my_newtournament.json and so on. This ways users can keep track of the data of different tournaments easily.
Thanks a lot for the suggestion.

That function is implemented already. Just go menu->Tournaments->Tournaments Load/Save to open a dialog as below. To save the current tournament, just select a line in the table and click the button "+". To re-load, select a line and click the button "Load".

Image

Re: Banksia GUI released

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:07 pm
by JohnS
phhnguyen wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:56 am
JohnS wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:30 am
phhnguyen wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:38 am
JohnS wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:14 am
Is it possible to save tournament conditions (engines, time control etc) to a file and reload and edit the tournament file later thanks.
Short answer: yes

For being simple, you just click on the button resume/stop on Tournament panel so you can start/stop/resume the current tournament at any time.

For saving to files: all info are stored in some JSON files in BSG configuration folder. They are:
  • banksiaengines.json: all engine configurations (such as their names, paths, options values...)
  • banksiatour.json: all settings about the current tournament (such as involving engines, time controls, tour type...)
  • banksiaplaying.json: all info about the current tournament such as engines' pairs, openings, results
JSON files are simply text files, readable for both human and software. You can read and edit them to what you want (say, changed results, time controls...). You may even copy those JSON files to other computers and continue the tournament from there (suppose those computers have similar engines and paths or you can edit them).

To find the configuration folder: go menu->File->Settings to open Settings dialog. The button in the bottom is to open another dialog in which you can see the configuration folder.
Thanks for the information.

Suggestion - have an option to save the current tournament data to a file say my_tournament.json in BSG configuration folder. Then have another option to load my_tournament.json later on, edit it (change engines, time etc) and save as say my_newtournament.json and so on. This ways users can keep track of the data of different tournaments easily.
Thanks a lot for the suggestion.

That function is implemented already. Just go menu->Tournaments->Tournaments Load/Save to open a dialog as below. To save the current tournament, just select a line in the table and click the button "+". To re-load, select a line and click the button "Load".

Image
Missed that :oops: I saw the menu but didn't realize I had to click on an empty line to save as a new name. Maybe it needs some text to make this clear for noobs like me :lol:

Also good to have a way to change the name of the file (under type or new column called file name?).

Re: Banksia GUI released

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:34 pm
by phhnguyen
JohnS wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:07 pm

Missed that :oops: I saw the menu but didn't realize I had to click on an empty line to save as a new name. Maybe it needs some text to make this clear for noobs like me :lol:
Good idea, thanks for the suggestion. Will add for the next release :)
JohnS wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:07 pm
Also good to have a way to change the name of the file (under type or new column called file name?).
When the user uses this function (save/load ongoing tournaments) the tournament files will automatically be copied, changed their names in the background, the user doesn't need to know. Otherwise, he can control them manually.

Instead, the user may need to add some comments to saved items. I may add that function later.

Re: Banksia GUI released

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:33 pm
by JohnS
phhnguyen wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:34 pm
JohnS wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:07 pm

Missed that :oops: I saw the menu but didn't realize I had to click on an empty line to save as a new name. Maybe it needs some text to make this clear for noobs like me :lol:
Good idea, thanks for the suggestion. Will add for the next release :)
JohnS wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:07 pm
Also good to have a way to change the name of the file (under type or new column called file name?).
When the user uses this function (save/load ongoing tournaments) the tournament files will automatically be copied, changed their names in the background, the user doesn't need to know. Otherwise, he can control them manually.

Instead, the user may need to add some comments to saved items. I may add that function later.
I’m thinking of the case where you save many tournaments. If they are all listed as say round robin under type, it will be confusing. Either allow a name change under type or comments will help.

Re: Banksia GUI released

Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:24 am
by Nordlandia
I wish static adjudication is near.

The way cutechess do it 😊