Opening book based on human games?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

OneTrickPony

Opening book based on human games?

Post by OneTrickPony »

Hi,

I am looking for the opening book (.ctg or .bin) with the following in mind:
-it's based on modern (say last 10-15 years) human master level+ games (say 2400+ or 2300+, doesn't matter exactly)
-the frequencies in the book corresponding (doesn't need to be exact match) to the frequencies chosen in human games
-it's reasonably deep (so no cut-off after 8 moves or things like that)
-preferably rapid games included (separate book based on rapid/blitz would be fine as well)
-I am looking for some mechanism that works in the following way: the deeper the variation the more likely the engine is to choose the move of itself (say 80% book, 20% engine choice once it's deep enough). I don't know anything about how opening books work so I am not sure if that's possible.

I need it for training purposes (playing openings vs an engine which plays human openings).
There is a book coming with SCIDvsPC called Elo2400.bin which seems to be what I am looking for. Unfortunately I don't know what exact methodology was used to create it and I would prefer having a bit more clarity on that.

I am sorry if this is too loosely related to the topic of the forum. Please remove if it's too much off-topic. Any help appreciated though.
Jonathan003
Full name: Jonathan Cremers

Re: Opening book based on human games?

Post by Jonathan003 »

Maybe you can take a look at the book elo2500.bin, that comes with ProDeo 2.9

http://www.rebel13.nl/prodeo/prodeo%202.9.html