New engine releases 2020

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, bob, hgm

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
voffka
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:58 pm
Location: Ukraine
Full name: Volodymyr Shcherbyna
Contact:

Re: New engine releases 2020

Post by voffka » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:49 pm

Image

Igel 2.6.0 at https://github.com/vshcherbyna/igel/releases/tag/2.6.0 (binaries for Linux, macOS and Windows).

This release brings various improvements in strength, especially in evaluation function and adds around 55 elo of strength at LTC.

What's new:

- Implement piece threats evaluation
- Simplify connected pass pawn evaluation
- Implement backward pawn evaluation
- Apply tempo after interpolation and speed up null move evaluation
- Implement verification qsearch for probcut
- Remove L1 normalisation from tuner and retune all params
- Implement trapped rook evaluation
- Implement razoring in search
- Implement king danger evaluation
- Implement hanging piece evaluation
- Implement weak pawn evaluation
- Implement restricted piece evaluation
- Implement lazy evaluation with a threshould of 300cp
- Implement multicut search
- Implement threat by a protected pawn evaluation
- Improve safe check evaluations
- Bench 7538060

Regression run against Igel 2.5.0 at 60s+0.6 time control:

Code: Select all

ELO   | 55.64 +- 4.19 (95%)
SPRT  | 60.0+0.6s Threads=1 Hash=64MB
LLR   | 0.00 (-2.94, 2.94) [0.00, 0.00]
Games | N: 12028 W: 3703 L: 1793 D: 6532
In case of bug reports, questions, discussions please ask them at main Igel topic at viewtopic.php?p=854288#p854288 to prevent polluting this thread.

Damir
Posts: 2427
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:53 pm
Location: Denmark
Full name: Damir Desevac

Re: New engine releases 2020

Post by Damir » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:53 pm

Many thanks for new Igel Mr Volodymyr. :) :)

User avatar
Roland Chastain
Posts: 415
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:07 am
Location: France
Full name: Roland Chastain
Contact:

Hopeless 0.49.0.3

Post by Roland Chastain » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:44 pm

Roland Chastain wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:47 pm
I created a git repository with the source code of Clericus/Hopeless by Pawel Koziol. I made some modifications for compatibility with the current version of the Delphi compiler, tried to refresh the graphical interface, added a french translation and made some other little modifications. The repository is here:

https://gitlab.com/rchastain/hopeless
Hello! I ported Clericus/Hopeless from Delphi to Lazarus. So Hopeless is now available for Linux. You can find the source code of the Lazarus project and a Linux 64 binary here:

https://gitlab.com/rchastain/hopeless-l ... -/releases

I can't provide a Windows binary because I no longer have a Windows system. If there is a Lazarus and Windows user who would want to build the engine for Windows, he would be welcome. (Please choose the "XBoard_Release" build mode.)

Regards.

Roland
Qui trop embrasse mal étreint.

karger
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:27 am

Re: Hopeless 0.49.0.3

Post by karger » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:45 pm

Thanks , hopefully someone can share a windows binary.

adnoh
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:31 am
Full name: Charles Wong

Re: Hopeless 0.49.0.3

Post by adnoh » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:26 pm

Roland Chastain wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:44 pm
Roland Chastain wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:47 pm
I created a git repository with the source code of Clericus/Hopeless by Pawel Koziol. I made some modifications for compatibility with the current version of the Delphi compiler, tried to refresh the graphical interface, added a french translation and made some other little modifications. The repository is here:

https://gitlab.com/rchastain/hopeless
Hello! I ported Clericus/Hopeless from Delphi to Lazarus. So Hopeless is now available for Linux. You can find the source code of the Lazarus project and a Linux 64 binary here:

https://gitlab.com/rchastain/hopeless-l ... -/releases

I can't provide a Windows binary because I no longer have a Windows system. If there is a Lazarus and Windows user who would want to build the engine for Windows, he would be welcome. (Please choose the "XBoard_Release" build mode.)

Regards.

Roland
I did make an attempt to create a Windows build using Lazarus 2.0.10 and the GUI build seems to work but the xboard build crashes as soon as I try to start a game in Arena.

https://ibb.co/5W8cv6v

I have made no attempt to debug that. If you want to pursue this I do not mind spending some time on this.

User avatar
Roland Chastain
Posts: 415
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:07 am
Location: France
Full name: Roland Chastain
Contact:

Re: Hopeless 0.49.0.3

Post by Roland Chastain » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:45 pm

adnoh wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:26 pm
I did make an attempt to create a Windows build using Lazarus 2.0.10 and the GUI build seems to work but the xboard build crashes as soon as I try to start a game in Arena.

https://ibb.co/5W8cv6v

I have made no attempt to debug that. If you want to pursue this I do not mind spending some time on this.
Great! Thank you. Let's continue the discussion here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74648
Qui trop embrasse mal étreint.

voffka
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:58 pm
Location: Ukraine
Full name: Volodymyr Shcherbyna
Contact:

Re: New engine releases 2020

Post by voffka » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:46 am

Damir wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:53 pm
Many thanks for new Igel Mr Volodymyr. :) :)
Thanks Damir, I am glad if people find Igel useful.

MrBob
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:05 am
Full name: Vincent Yu

Re: New engine releases 2020

Post by MrBob » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:37 pm

Hello, I made my first chess engine, Mr Bob. Thought I might post this here.

https://github.com/bobsquared/Mr_Bob_Ch ... tag/v0.7.0

Kieren Pearson
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:52 am
Full name: Kieren Pearson

Re: New engine releases 2020

Post by Kieren Pearson » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:02 am

Halogen 6 released

https://github.com/KierenP/Halogen/releases/tag/v6

In single threaded, probably about +120 ELO (2463 CCRL Blitz)
In multi threaded, probably about +180 ELO (2587 CCRL Blitz)

Both popcnt and non-popcnt builts supplied. Can anyone who uses non-popcnt builds verify it works on their machine? I have no way of making sure

Guenther
Posts: 3436
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Full name: Guenther Simon
Contact:

Re: New engine releases 2020

Post by Guenther » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:02 am

Kieren Pearson wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:02 am
Halogen 6 released

https://github.com/KierenP/Halogen/releases/tag/v6

In single threaded, probably about +120 ELO (2463 CCRL Blitz)
In multi threaded, probably about +180 ELO (2587 CCRL Blitz)

Both popcnt and non-popcnt builts supplied. Can anyone who uses non-popcnt builds verify it works on their machine? I have no way of making sure
Thanks for the new release. I tested the popcount compile and noticed it is not a static one.
Thus people would need to dig out the missing and fitting libraries.
Better create a static one for those, who cant compile and still use old hardware.
https://rwbc-chess.de
Greg Strong@ovyron wrote: What I think is that you have a very, very, VERY strong desire to post, and very little self-control.
All the time. In every conversation. You must post. Something. It's like you just can't help yourself.

Post Reply