RIP Chuck Peddle (designer of the 6502)

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, bob, hgm

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Post Reply
smatovic
Posts: 1562
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:18 pm
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Full name: Srdja Matovic
Contact:

RIP Chuck Peddle (designer of the 6502)

Post by smatovic » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:51 am

Charles Ingerham Peddle died on December 15, 2019.

https://hardware.slashdot.org/story/19/ ... ssors-dies

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Peddle

...without you, there would have been no Atari in my home, thanks.

--
Srdja

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 5662
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: RIP Chuck Peddle (designer of the 6502)

Post by Rebel » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:19 am

And no Apple 2E
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

Wilson
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:20 am
Full name: Anthony Wilson

Re: RIP Chuck Peddle (designer of the 6502)

Post by Wilson » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:12 pm

VIC-20 and NES too

tmokonen
Posts: 1140
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Kelowna
Full name: Tony Mokonen
Contact:

Re: RIP Chuck Peddle (designer of the 6502)

Post by tmokonen » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:44 pm

Even those Furby toys used a 6502 variant... with no Y register.

https://archive.org/details/furby-source/page/n101

RIP Chuck

smatovic
Posts: 1562
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:18 pm
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Full name: Srdja Matovic
Contact:

Re: RIP Chuck Peddle (designer of the 6502)

Post by smatovic » Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:51 pm

...when I heard that my Amiga 500 which I got later had an 6502 as keyboard
controller it was some kind of sacrilege for me, how can you downgrade something
that causes so much fun to handle keyboard input only...

--
Srdja

Post Reply