Crafty 25.6

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

MikeB

Crafty 25.6

Post by MikeB »

Bob has made a recent minor update to fix resignations and draw offers

Linux and macOS exes are available under the /src folder

https://github.com/MichaelB7/Crafty

Would be happy to include Windows exes if someone can provide them
Spliffjiffer

Re: Crafty 25.6

Post by Spliffjiffer »

Hello MikeB :-)

this is offtopic sry but you said that you wanted to release a new Honey++ after SF11 came out (if i remember correctly)...is this still your goal and by beeing offtopic already: is it possible for you to share the "Crystal-Fortress-Detection-code" by Joseph Ellis somehow or link me to somewhere i can find it, id like to play with implementing this in some compiles i plan here and there ?

greetings, Peer
Wahrheiten sind Illusionen von denen wir aber vergessen haben dass sie welche sind.
mar
Full name: Martin Sedlak

Post by mar »

Is this a typo? Is it official 25.4? Are there any functional changes from previous version?
Martin Sedlak
bob

Post by bob »

There was a 25.4 with SMP fixes. The last two had some various bugs fixed dealing with draw offers and such. 25.6 is now the latest official release...
CMCanavessi

Post by CMCanavessi »

bob wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:01 pm There was a 25.4 with SMP fixes. The last two had some various bugs fixed dealing with draw offers and such. 25.6 is now the latest official release...
Is there a windows binary?
Follow my tournament and some Leela gauntlets live at http://twitch.tv/ccls
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Spliffjiffer wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:02 pm Hello MikeB :-)

this is offtopic sry but you said that you wanted to release a new Honey++ after SF11 came out (if i remember correctly)...is this still your goal and by beeing offtopic already: is it possible for you to share the "Crystal-Fortress-Detection-code" by Joseph Ellis somehow or link me to somewhere i can find it, id like to play with implementing this in some compiles i plan here and there ?

greetings, Peer
Hardware issues with the new machines - it was already to go - and now since SF dev team has done so many patches since SF 11 - not sure. Will have to see the impact on Honey - may or not be significant. Anyway - looking forward to getting the machine back. Planning on making it a dual boot with Windows so I can build macOS , Linux and windows exes and not be a burden to others. Scally will continue to do the Pi exe’s since he a pretty nice setup and it’s not a burden for him.
supersharp77

Re: Crafty 25.6 Binaries Needed...HELP!!

Post by supersharp77 »

MikeB wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:21 pm Bob has made a recent minor update to fix resignations and draw offers

Exactly...Reallly need those Binaries for both 25.4 and for 25.6.....Help!!!! :) :wink:
Canoike

Post by Canoike »

What are these 2 epd files for in the opening directory ?
Crafty opening books are generated from a pgn file.
bob

Post by bob »

For the record, 25.5 had a couple of important SMP fixes. I won't go into them here, anyone can download the source and look at main.c. It was a performance improvement, not a crash fixer. All were "Elo enhancing" fixes but not major.

25.6 I caught offering a draw in a won SYZYGY ending. Problem was, in Iterate() I can find a book move, an EGTB move, or a search result. Since the move wasn't a book move, and wasn't a search move, it was obviously an EGTB move. But Crafty used to use Nalimov tables and terminated the search after just a few plies rather than with special code. This "hole" would cause main() to conclude that since it wasn't a book move, it must be a search move. But the score was 0 since all I use in this case is won or lost (yes it uses the W/D/L tables during the search, but once in an EGTB position it doesn't return all the PV info. So you could see a draw offer every 5 moves in a won (or drawn or lost) EGTB position. Just did not cover this case when I did the SYZYGY conversion, but it is now correct.
MikeB

Re: Crafty 25.6 Binaries Needed...HELP!!

Post by MikeB »

supersharp77 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:02 am
MikeB wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:21 pm Bob has made a recent minor update to fix resignations and draw offers

Exactly...Reallly need those Binaries for both 25.4 and for 25.6.....Help!!!! :) :wink:
I'm getting stuck right here under Mingw for Windows

Code: Select all

In file included from crafty.c:28:
tbprobe.c: In function 'prt_str':
tbprobe.c:597:5: error: declaration of non-variable '__popcnt64' in 'for' loop initial declaration
  597 |     for (int i = popcount(pieces_by_type(pos, (Color) color, (PieceType) pt));
      |     ^~~
tbprobe.c:603:5: error: declaration of non-variable '__popcnt64' in 'for' loop initial declaration
  603 |     for (int i = popcount(pieces_by_type(pos, (Color) color, (PieceType) pt));
      |     ^~~
In file included from crafty.c:13:
At top level:
iterate.c:50:14: warning: 'adjusted' defined but not used [-Wunused-variable]
   50 |   static int adjusted = 0;
      |              ^~~~~~~~
make[2]: *** [Makefile:249: crafty.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory 'C:/Users/MichaelB7/home/Github/Crafty/src'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:234: crafty-make] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory 'C:/Users/MichaelB7/home/Github/Crafty/src'
make: *** [Makefile:81: quick] Error 2