New engine: seeChess

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Guenther
Posts: 3280
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Full name: Guenther Simon
Contact:

Re: New engine: seeChess

Post by Guenther » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:34 am

bctboi23 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:11 am
To remove the ambiguity of naming (SEE is a little to close to See imo) I renamed the engine to "CeeChess"

I added the tapered eval with some new piece square tables (Ludmyil's PSQTs are great!) and got an extra 100 ELO selfplay.

@Guenther, would you be able to change the name in the spreadsheet? Sorry for the inconvenience, I just feel like it should fix the name issue
Will do so today :)

BTW you did not mention (neither in your github) that it is UCI and XB capable.
https://rwbc-chess.de/chronology.htm
--------------------------------------------------
The troll explosion at talkchess:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... KSptBx9AUs

Gabor Szots
Posts: 470
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:43 am
Location: Szentendre, Hungary
Full name: Gabor Szots

Re: New engine: seeChess

Post by Gabor Szots » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:38 am

bctboi23 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:33 pm
Hi all!

I just got into the hobby of chess engines, and I am finally happy enough with the start of this engine to release it. It is heavily based on Vice by bluefever, but it should play around 2200 ELO. It is written in C, and is UCI compliant.

the GitHub link: https://github.com/bctboi23/seeChess

Any feedback you have is much appreciated!
Hi Tom,

What country are you from? I have guesses but it is better to know for sure.
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group

Guenther
Posts: 3280
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Full name: Guenther Simon
Contact:

Re: New engine: seeChess

Post by Guenther » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:15 am

Gabor Szots wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:38 am
bctboi23 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:33 pm
Hi all!

I just got into the hobby of chess engines, and I am finally happy enough with the start of this engine to release it. It is heavily based on Vice by bluefever, but it should play around 2200 ELO. It is written in C, and is UCI compliant.

the GitHub link: https://github.com/bctboi23/seeChess

Any feedback you have is much appreciated!
Hi Tom,

What country are you from? I have guesses but it is better to know for sure.
Well, you could also trust the XB/UCI chronology.
Usually, I don't make up facts ;-)
https://lichess.org/@/seeChessBot
https://rwbc-chess.de/chronology.htm
--------------------------------------------------
The troll explosion at talkchess:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... KSptBx9AUs

Gabor Szots
Posts: 470
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:43 am
Location: Szentendre, Hungary
Full name: Gabor Szots

Re: New engine: seeChess

Post by Gabor Szots » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:18 am

Guenther wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:15 am
Gabor Szots wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:38 am
bctboi23 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:33 pm
Hi all!

I just got into the hobby of chess engines, and I am finally happy enough with the start of this engine to release it. It is heavily based on Vice by bluefever, but it should play around 2200 ELO. It is written in C, and is UCI compliant.

the GitHub link: https://github.com/bctboi23/seeChess

Any feedback you have is much appreciated!
Hi Tom,

What country are you from? I have guesses but it is better to know for sure.
Well, you could also trust the XB/UCI chronology.
Usually, I don't make up facts ;-)
https://lichess.org/@/seeChessBot
Thanks Günther. I trust you but forgot to check.
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group

bctboi23
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:48 am
Location: United States
Full name: Tom Reinitz

Re: New engine: seeChess

Post by bctboi23 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:53 pm

Gabor Szots wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:18 am
Guenther wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:15 am
Gabor Szots wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:38 am
bctboi23 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:33 pm
Hi all!

I just got into the hobby of chess engines, and I am finally happy enough with the start of this engine to release it. It is heavily based on Vice by bluefever, but it should play around 2200 ELO. It is written in C, and is UCI compliant.

the GitHub link: https://github.com/bctboi23/seeChess

Any feedback you have is much appreciated!
Hi Tom,

What country are you from? I have guesses but it is better to know for sure.
Well, you could also trust the XB/UCI chronology.
Usually, I don't make up facts ;-)
https://lichess.org/@/seeChessBot
Thanks Günther. I trust you but forgot to check.
Günther is correct, I am from the US. :D
Also, it should now say the engine is compatible with both UCI and Xboard/Winboard. I didn't put that in until now because I was contemplating removing XBoard support.

Post Reply