MRI - Match Result Inspector

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Dann Corbit
Posts: 10818
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:57 pm
Location: Redmond, WA USA
Contact:

Re: MRI - Match Result Inspector

Post by Dann Corbit » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:22 pm

Guenther wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:27 am
Ratosh wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:32 pm
Great tool! Some things i would like to see:
Report:
  • Window for`Drop` (able to find X score drop in Y plies).
  • Show FEN positions in html report (easier to see/copy the FEN).

    ...
The two points above exist already in Toms Game Analyser and it even has a GUI and eval graphs.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=66554&p=750330&hili ... er#p750330
viewtopic.php?t=62066&highlight=game+analyser
Tom's game analyzer does not work with as many formats. But the graph feature is nice,
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.

Guenther
Posts: 3280
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Full name: Guenther Simon
Contact:

Re: MRI - Match Result Inspector

Post by Guenther » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:56 pm

Dann Corbit wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:22 pm
Guenther wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:27 am
Ratosh wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:32 pm
Great tool! Some things i would like to see:
Report:
  • Window for`Drop` (able to find X score drop in Y plies).
  • Show FEN positions in html report (easier to see/copy the FEN).

    ...
The two points above exist already in Toms Game Analyser and it even has a GUI and eval graphs.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=66554&p=750330&hili ... er#p750330
viewtopic.php?t=62066&highlight=game+analyser
Tom's game analyzer does not work with as many formats. But the graph feature is nice,
It does easily with wb/banksia/cutechess/cute-cli/arena pgns with simple regex one second search+ replace.
(only CB and probably ChessGUI pgn would require a little bit more work)
https://rwbc-chess.de/chronology.htm
--------------------------------------------------
The troll explosion at talkchess:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... KSptBx9AUs

Dann Corbit
Posts: 10818
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:57 pm
Location: Redmond, WA USA
Contact:

Re: MRI - Match Result Inspector

Post by Dann Corbit » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:18 pm

Guenther wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:56 pm
Dann Corbit wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:22 pm
Guenther wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:27 am
Ratosh wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:32 pm
Great tool! Some things i would like to see:
Report:
  • Window for`Drop` (able to find X score drop in Y plies).
  • Show FEN positions in html report (easier to see/copy the FEN).

    ...
The two points above exist already in Toms Game Analyser and it even has a GUI and eval graphs.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=66554&p=750330&hili ... er#p750330
viewtopic.php?t=62066&highlight=game+analyser
Tom's game analyzer does not work with as many formats. But the graph feature is nice,
It does easily with wb/banksia/cutechess/cute-cli/arena pgns with simple regex one second search+ replace.
(only CB and probably ChessGUI pgn would require a little bit more work)
It sounds convenient unless you have 500 files you want to process.
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.

Ratosh
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:56 pm

Re: MRI - Match Result Inspector

Post by Ratosh » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:43 pm

Does Score Drop detect drops in more than 1 ply? I wanted to be able to set the ply window to detect the drop.

Guenther
Posts: 3280
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Full name: Guenther Simon
Contact:

Re: MRI - Match Result Inspector

Post by Guenther » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:30 pm

Ratosh wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:43 pm
Does Score Drop detect drops in more than 1 ply? I wanted to be able to set the ply window to detect the drop.
Well, Toms Game Analyser does this too...
Image
https://rwbc-chess.de/chronology.htm
--------------------------------------------------
The troll explosion at talkchess:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... KSptBx9AUs

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 5157
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: MRI - Match Result Inspector

Post by Rebel » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:08 pm

UPDATE

Match SF11 vs Lc0 (various versions) taken from "fastgm" 16 cpu tournament, 2500 games.

http://rebel13.nl/output.htm

Main change, added EPD in html and in files.

Code: Select all

 Processed games         : 2500          All.epd                 : 38
 Suspect_openings.pgn    : 1             Suspect_openings.epd    : 1
 Crazy_games.pgn         : 9             Crazy_games.epd         : 9
 Possible_missed_wins.pgn: 20            Possible_missed_wins.epd: 20
 Drop_in_score.pgn       : 8             Drop_in_score.epd       : 8
 Lost_games.pgn          : 0             Lost_games.epd          : 0
PGN''s and EPD's attached.

I guess this addresses most of the raised issues for the moment.

Interesting to see Stockfish being superior in the mid-game while Lc0 is on par in the endgame, I expected it the other way around. Ha! what do I know about computer chess.
Attachments
mri.7z
(45.62 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 5157
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: MRI - Match Result Inspector

Post by Rebel » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:19 pm

Guenther wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:47 am

Code: Select all

115... Nc2 +9.92/29
It is impossible for me to reproduce that incredible score with SF8.
Neither with 5men Syzygy nor with no TBS at all. The score is always between 0.17 and 0.33 for all depths up to 60.
Even Stockfish has bugs.
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 5157
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: MRI - Match Result Inspector

Post by Rebel » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:41 pm

[Event "CCRL 40/15"]
[Site "CCRL"]
[Date "2020.01.19"]
[Round "703.2.691"]
[White "Komodo 13.2.5 MCTS 64-bit"]
[Black "Stockfish 11 64-bit"]
[Result "1/2-1/2"]
[ECO "B06"]
[Opening "Robatsch defence"]
[PlyCount "148"]
[WhiteElo "3282"]
[BlackElo "3432"]

1. e4 {+0.00/1 0s} g6 {+0.00/1 0s} 2. d4 {+0.00/1 0s} Bg7 {+0.00/1 0s} 3. Nc3
{+0.00/1 0s} c6 {+0.00/1 0s} 4. Be3 {+0.00/1 0s} Qb6 {+0.00/1 0s} 5. Qd2
{+0.73/13 34s} Qxb2 {(d6) -0.07/28 37s} 6. Rb1 {(Rb1) +0.28/11 24s} Qa3 {(Qa3)
+0.00/28 19s} 7. h4 {(Nf3) +0.39/11 34s} h5 {(Nf6) +0.10/27 44s} 8. e5 {(e5)

---------

Can someone tell me which interface produces this kind of PGN?

And about the move comment:

6. Rb1 {(Rb1) +0.28/11 24s}
7. h4 {(Nf3) +0.39/11 34s}

What does the move (Rb1 / Nf3) mean in the move comment?
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

Guenther
Posts: 3280
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Full name: Guenther Simon
Contact:

Re: MRI - Match Result Inspector

Post by Guenther » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:25 pm

Rebel wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:19 pm
Guenther wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:47 am

Code: Select all

115... Nc2 +9.92/29
It is impossible for me to reproduce that incredible score with SF8.
Neither with 5men Syzygy nor with no TBS at all. The score is always between 0.17 and 0.33 for all depths up to 60.
Even Stockfish has bugs.
Of course, but we don't know, if it was an SF bug in this case.
Anyhow, you adressed the point given and renamed that category to 'possible missed win' I see ;-)
https://rwbc-chess.de/chronology.htm
--------------------------------------------------
The troll explosion at talkchess:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... KSptBx9AUs

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 5157
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: MRI - Match Result Inspector

Post by Rebel » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:23 pm

Guenther wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:25 pm
Rebel wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:19 pm
Guenther wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:47 am

Code: Select all

115... Nc2 +9.92/29
It is impossible for me to reproduce that incredible score with SF8.
Neither with 5men Syzygy nor with no TBS at all. The score is always between 0.17 and 0.33 for all depths up to 60.
Even Stockfish has bugs.
Of course, but we don't know, if it was an SF bug in this case.
The alternative would be cutechess, unlikely.
Anyhow, you adressed the point given and renamed that category to 'possible missed win' I see ;-)
Sure, I asked for feedback :wink:
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

Post Reply