Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.
Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:12 pm
- Location: Lund, Sweden
- Full name: Martin Danielsson
Marvin 3.5.0 is now available. It's about 30 elo stronger than 3.4.0, and maybe 20 elo stronger than the version that played in TCEC S17. Most of the work for this release have been focused on the evaluation so that's where most of the improvements comes from. For the next release I plan to focus more on the search.
- Increased max hash size to 128GB
- Increased max number of threads to 512
- Added threat evaluation (inspired by Stockfish, Ethereal and Arasan)
- Added evaluation of connected pawns
- Improvements to time management
Binaries: https://github.com/bmdanielsson/marvin- ... tag/v3.5.0
- Posts: 350
- Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:43 am
- Location: Szentendre, Hungary
- Full name: Gabor Szots
Thanks Martin. I am looking forward to testing it.
CCRL testing group
- Posts: 33548
- Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:52 am
- Location: Auckland, NZ
My email addresses:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
gbanksnz at yahoo.co.nz