Hi there, version 15 is finally out !
This time it has taken quite a lot of new features to get enough Elo gain to do a release (I got disappointed by version 13 and 14 results at CCRL, not that they were bad, but the Elo gain was lower than before). New things:
- More aggressive Null Move Pruning reductions and Late Move Reductions (now takes into account the search depth) and disabled recursive verification for Null Move Search (if the depth is high, redo the search at reduced depth without the null move and without allowing for sub-NMP);
- Killer Heuristic implemented;
- TT writing and probing extended to Qsearch nodes (always scored with depth 0);
- Improved evaluation function (added mobility, backward pawns, passed pawns and candidate passed pawns);
- Added insufficient maing material rescoring (if KB versus KP, the side with the bishop shouldn't get a positive score, at best a draw).
I'm starting regression tests to get an idea of the Elo improvement (I'm guessing +30 Elo at minimum, and hoping for +50 Elo).
Stay safe, and good afternoon to everyone !