Regium Chess — Most likely an elaborate SCAM!!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Dann Corbit, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
User avatar
Nordlandia
Posts: 2729
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:38 pm
Location: Sortland, Norway

Re: Regium Chess — Most likely an elaborate SCAM!!

Post by Nordlandia » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:58 am

tmokonen wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:53 pm
Maybe they wanted to show off that their fake device can handle FRC.
Absolutely.

User avatar
M ANSARI
Posts: 3487
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:10 pm

Re: Regium Chess — Most likely an elaborate SCAM!!

Post by M ANSARI » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:07 am

mwyoung wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:14 pm
If this is an elaborate scam!! I am sold, but how do they get my money? Who is going to buy this without independent reviews.

You do have to admit they do CGI very well for a bunch of scammers. If it is a scam. They need to be selling the CGI or stop motion...well done!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjObX4Myzpw&t=16s

It is very obvious that the pieces are 3D projected and not real. Those pieces have been generated by a computer and are not actual pieces. But to be honest, the tech to do something like that doesn't seem too difficult. But if the point of the video was to show a "actual working product" then … yes for sure it is not being honest.

User avatar
M ANSARI
Posts: 3487
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:10 pm

Re: Regium Chess — Most likely an elaborate SCAM!!

Post by M ANSARI » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:21 am

AdminX wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:27 pm
This is one impressive demo for scam! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3WWuHgIwQ0
OK … now this looks very real unlike the other video. But again … this really does not seem like a big deal to make … the technology to make it happen is there and the only thing stopping such a product being made it enough demand for it. At $1600 … I doubt I would buy it … at $500 I probably would!

mwyoung
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: Regium Chess — Most likely an elaborate SCAM!!

Post by mwyoung » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:08 pm

M ANSARI wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:07 am
mwyoung wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:14 pm
If this is an elaborate scam!! I am sold, but how do they get my money? Who is going to buy this without independent reviews.

You do have to admit they do CGI very well for a bunch of scammers. If it is a scam. They need to be selling the CGI or stop motion...well done!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjObX4Myzpw&t=16s

It is very obvious that the pieces are 3D projected and not real. Those pieces have been generated by a computer and are not actual pieces. But to be honest, the tech to do something like that doesn't seem too difficult. But if the point of the video was to show a "actual working product" then … yes for sure it is not being honest.
Is this project still considered a scam? It seems they are still active, and planning a release in December 2020.

May 17th 2020 video...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJPmhCUEFM8

https://regiumchess.com/crowdfunding/

REGIUM · Automatic Chess e-Board
The Chess Revolution
by Hightech Dynamics Inc.

$50,000.00

Funding Goal
$155,377.00

Funds Raised
Raised Percent : 311%
"The worst thing that can happen to a forum is a running wild attacking moderator(HGM) who is not corrected by the community." - Ed Schröder
But my words like silent raindrops fell. And echoed in the wells of silence.

JohnW
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:20 pm
Location: New Hampshire

Re: Regium Chess — Most likely an elaborate SCAM!!

Post by JohnW » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:46 am

I am hoping it isn't but I am not buying one until I see customers posting videos.

User avatar
Steve Maughan
Posts: 1078
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:28 pm
Location: Florida, USA
Contact:

Re: Regium Chess — Most likely an elaborate SCAM!!

Post by Steve Maughan » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:41 pm

IMHO a complete and utter scam!
mwyoung wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:08 pm
M ANSARI wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:07 am
mwyoung wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:14 pm
If this is an elaborate scam!! I am sold, but how do they get my money? Who is going to buy this without independent reviews.

You do have to admit they do CGI very well for a bunch of scammers. If it is a scam. They need to be selling the CGI or stop motion...well done!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjObX4Myzpw&t=16s

It is very obvious that the pieces are 3D projected and not real. Those pieces have been generated by a computer and are not actual pieces. But to be honest, the tech to do something like that doesn't seem too difficult. But if the point of the video was to show a "actual working product" then … yes for sure it is not being honest.
Is this project still considered a scam? It seems they are still active, and planning a release in December 2020.

May 17th 2020 video...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJPmhCUEFM8

https://regiumchess.com/crowdfunding/

REGIUM · Automatic Chess e-Board
The Chess Revolution
by Hightech Dynamics Inc.

$50,000.00

Funding Goal
$155,377.00

Funds Raised
Raised Percent : 311%
http://www.chessprogramming.net - Maverick Chess Engine

Nay Lin Tun
Posts: 682
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Regium Chess — Most likely an elaborate SCAM!!

Post by Nay Lin Tun » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:45 pm

mwyoung wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:08 pm
M ANSARI wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:07 am
mwyoung wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:14 pm
If this is an elaborate scam!! I am sold, but how do they get my money? Who is going to buy this without independent reviews.

You do have to admit they do CGI very well for a bunch of scammers. If it is a scam. They need to be selling the CGI or stop motion...well done!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjObX4Myzpw&t=16s

It is very obvious that the pieces are 3D projected and not real. Those pieces have been generated by a computer and are not actual pieces. But to be honest, the tech to do something like that doesn't seem too difficult. But if the point of the video was to show a "actual working product" then … yes for sure it is not being honest.
Is this project still considered a scam? It seems they are still active, and planning a release in December 2020.

May 17th 2020 video...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJPmhCUEFM8

https://regiumchess.com/crowdfunding/

REGIUM · Automatic Chess e-Board
The Chess Revolution
by Hightech Dynamics Inc.

$50,000.00

Funding Goal
$155,377.00

Funds Raised
Raised Percent : 311%

That 155,000$ number doesn't come from kickstarter or any other crowd funding website source. They are just showing that number on their own website. ( They can express 300 billions on their website .) And they are kicked out from the kickstarter project already due to scam allegation.

mwyoung
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: Regium Chess — Most likely an elaborate SCAM!!

Post by mwyoung » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:51 pm

JohnW wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:46 am
I am hoping it isn't but I am not buying one until I see customers posting videos.
I agree! I was just curious because they are still taking peoples money. And producing videos for the product.
"The worst thing that can happen to a forum is a running wild attacking moderator(HGM) who is not corrected by the community." - Ed Schröder
But my words like silent raindrops fell. And echoed in the wells of silence.

User avatar
towforce
Posts: 10694
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:57 pm
Location: Birmingham UK

Re: Regium Chess — Most likely an elaborate SCAM!!

Post by towforce » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:31 pm

This is new: first time I've seen a talking head video in which one doesn't see the head...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysHe9BM_dNY
Writing is the antidote to confusion

User avatar
M ANSARI
Posts: 3487
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:10 pm

Re: Regium Chess — Most likely an elaborate SCAM!!

Post by M ANSARI » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:39 am

There is no doubt the technology to do what is in the video is available today ... the thing is at what price point? I think that was what made the Fund me thing called a scam. Making a certain item is one thing, making it at a price point that is feasible economically can be a completely different issue.

Post Reply