Regium Chess — Most likely an elaborate SCAM!!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Nordlandia

Re: Regium Chess — Most likely an elaborate SCAM!!

Post by Nordlandia »

tmokonen wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:53 pm Maybe they wanted to show off that their fake device can handle FRC.
Absolutely.
M ANSARI

Post by M ANSARI »

mwyoung wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:14 pm If this is an elaborate scam!! I am sold, but how do they get my money? Who is going to buy this without independent reviews.

You do have to admit they do CGI very well for a bunch of scammers. If it is a scam. They need to be selling the CGI or stop motion...well done!

It is very obvious that the pieces are 3D projected and not real. Those pieces have been generated by a computer and are not actual pieces. But to be honest, the tech to do something like that doesn't seem too difficult. But if the point of the video was to show a "actual working product" then … yes for sure it is not being honest.
M ANSARI

Post by M ANSARI »

AdminX wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:27 am This is one impressive demo for scam! :D

OK … now this looks very real unlike the other video. But again … this really does not seem like a big deal to make … the technology to make it happen is there and the only thing stopping such a product being made it enough demand for it. At $1600 … I doubt I would buy it … at $500 I probably would!
mwyoung

Post by mwyoung »

M ANSARI wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:07 am
mwyoung wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:14 pm If this is an elaborate scam!! I am sold, but how do they get my money? Who is going to buy this without independent reviews.

You do have to admit they do CGI very well for a bunch of scammers. If it is a scam. They need to be selling the CGI or stop motion...well done!

It is very obvious that the pieces are 3D projected and not real. Those pieces have been generated by a computer and are not actual pieces. But to be honest, the tech to do something like that doesn't seem too difficult. But if the point of the video was to show a "actual working product" then … yes for sure it is not being honest.
Is this project still considered a scam? It seems they are still active, and planning a release in December 2020.

May 17th 2020 video...

https://regiumchess.com/crowdfunding/

REGIUM · Automatic Chess e-Board
The Chess Revolution
by Hightech Dynamics Inc.

$50,000.00

Funding Goal
$155,377.00

Funds Raised
Raised Percent : 311%
"The worst thing that can happen to a forum is a running wild attacking moderator(HGM) who is not corrected by the community." - Ed Schröder
But my words like silent raindrops fell. And echoed in the wells of silence.
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

I am hoping it isn't but I am not buying one until I see customers posting videos.
Steve Maughan

Post by Steve Maughan »

IMHO a complete and utter scam!
mwyoung wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:08 pm

Is this project still considered a scam? It seems they are still active, and planning a release in December 2020.

May 17th 2020 video...

The Chess Revolution

$50,000.00

Funding Goal
$155,377.00

Funds Raised
http://www.chessprogramming.net - Maverick Chess Engine
Nay Lin Tun

Post by Nay Lin Tun »

mwyoung wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:08 pm

May 17th 2020 video...

The Chess Revolution

$50,000.00

Funding Goal
$155,377.00

Funds Raised

That 155,000$ number doesn't come from kickstarter or any other crowd funding website source. They are just showing that number on their own website. ( They can express 300 billions on their website .) And they are kicked out from the kickstarter project already due to scam allegation.
mwyoung

Post by mwyoung »

JohnW wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:46 pm I am hoping it isn't but I am not buying one until I see customers posting videos.
I agree! I was just curious because they are still taking peoples money. And producing videos for the product.
"The worst thing that can happen to a forum is a running wild attacking moderator(HGM) who is not corrected by the community." - Ed Schröder
But my words like silent raindrops fell. And echoed in the wells of silence.
towforce

Post by towforce »

This is new: first time I've seen a talking head video in which one doesn't see the head...

Writing is the antidote to confusion.
It's not "how smart you are", it's "how are you smart".
Your brain doesn't work the way you want, so train it!
M ANSARI

Post by M ANSARI »

There is no doubt the technology to do what is in the video is available today ... the thing is at what price point? I think that was what made the Fund me thing called a scam. Making a certain item is one thing, making it at a price point that is feasible economically can be a completely different issue.