Diamond Chess at FICS & ICC for iOS released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

adams161
Full name: Mike Adams

Diamond Chess at FICS & ICC for iOS released

Post by adams161 »

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/diamond-c ... 31224?ls=1 Us app store link or search Diamond Chess.

Has engine analysis when observing or examining. Supports multiple board with next and previous buttons.

Android next.
AdminX

Re: Diamond Chess at FICS & ICC for iOS released

Post by AdminX »

Great News!
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."

Post by Nordlandia »

It say Michael Adams. What is that supposed to mean?
Collingwood
Full name: .

Post by Collingwood »

Nordlandia wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:53 pm It say Michael Adams. What is that supposed to mean?
It means © 2020 Michael Ronald Adams.

What else could it mean?
adams161
Full name: Mike Adams

Post by adams161 »

Collingwood wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:46 pm
Nordlandia wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:53 pm It say Michael Adams. What is that supposed to mean?
It means © 2020 Michael Ronald Adams.

What else could it mean?
Correct. That's my name. I was born around the same time as the GM though i'm older. I have a different middle name. Mike was the most popular boys name in English in the early 70s. In high school i recall reading there were 200,000 michael smiths. I"m sure there are many michael adams.

I don't know how many have tried the new client but I could really use some who try it who give feedback so i can verify the build. FICS will do a news item but i'd like to get more verification first.

Testing questions are "How did it go? What tabs and menu items did you use? Did you change any settings? Did you play? Any serious bugs?"

If you want to test and don't have an account the guest connection on fics lets you do most things. you can play examine look at game lists like history and observe games. All this can be done on boards menu's no commands. FICS accounts are also free and easy to create if you never had an account. go to freechess.org and click register link on links to right. If you have an ICC account and want to try it on ICC side that's great too.

Mike