SlowChess Blitz Classic 2.0

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
jonkr
Full name: Jonathan Kreuzer

Re: SlowChess Blitz Classic 2.0

Post by jonkr » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:27 pm

Oh the _noPop was still the old compile (modified 19th), I guess it didn't get updated in the zip, I rezipped/reuploaded it so that one should hopefully work now.

Modern Times

Post by Modern Times » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:43 pm

jonkr wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:44 pm

- On the plus side, this should be the largest strength increase between versions so far. Scored about +100 elo in 60 + .5 self-play. (Might be less against other engines or at different time controls.)
I'm getting very close to this on the chess960 games played so far.

Opinions expressed here are my own, and not necessarily those of the CCRL Group.

jonkr
Full name: Jonathan Kreuzer

Post by jonkr » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:41 pm

I checked the FRC list and I'm happy to see the first external testing results are consistent with what I was hoping. (Was +91 elo when I checked, and I think my results from doing self-play tests at super fast time controls will overestimate differences.)

Close to Shredder too, I remember Shredder winning a lot of world championships, would be interesting to make something that ranks above it. Maybe in a couple months I will try some more improvements, even though current top programs so far ahead.

Before release I did some FRC testing against Critter with about the same results. I also played some FRC games to add to tuning positions, which I think did lead to an improvement, but I don't play enough test games sure of anything.

Modern Times

Post by Modern Times » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:59 pm

jonkr wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:41 pm
I checked the FRC list and I'm happy to see the first external testing results are consistent with what I was hoping. (Was +91 elo when I checked, and I think my results from doing self-play tests at super fast time controls will overestimate differences.)
Yes, well remember we use Bayeselo and it is +91 Elo currently as you say. But if you run the list through Ordo you get +101 Elo. Take your pick :D

Opinions expressed here are my own, and not necessarily those of the CCRL Group.