Carlsen is leading the Online Invitation LIVE

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

gbtami

Re: Carlsen is leading the Online Invitation LIVE

Post by gbtami »

There is a tendency that some people intentionally(?) post in wrong forum to gain some attention.
This one for example has nothing to do with computer chess/software at all.
May I ask mods to move this to other forum, please?
Thx!

p.s. I hate avoiding posts I'm not interested at all when I come here to read computer chess related stuff.
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

gbtami wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:37 pm May I ask mods to move this to other forum, please?
It is related to COMPUTER chess because it's the first time in history where such a tournament happens online and people had to use COMPUTERS to connect to a server and play each other.

This had no precedent as before you'd attend the events in person and you didn't need to have a COMPUTER or anything, but all the events in person were postponed or cancelled, so this was a relevant historical event, and it'd have been a shame if it was buried with the other events unrelated to them (welcome to 2020 where you need a COMPUTER to play in chess events at all.)
gbtami

Post by gbtami »

Ovyron wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 10:47 pm
gbtami wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:37 pm May I ask mods to move this to other forum, please?
It is related to COMPUTER chess because it's the first time in history where such a tournament happens online and people had to use COMPUTERS to connect to a server and play each other.

This had no precedent as before you'd attend the events in person and you didn't need to have a COMPUTER or anything, but all the events in person were postponed or cancelled, so this was a relevant historical event, and it'd have been a shame if it was buried with the other events unrelated to them (welcome to 2020 where you need a COMPUTER to play in chess events at all.)
This is rather ridiculous argument. If we follow your thinking any high level tournament is related to COMPUTER chess because they use DGT boards and clocks. Not to mention they are using COMUTERS(!) for preparation also.

On these events people play human vs human games. The correct forum for these events is "Chess Players Forum".
Except the poster wants to talk about bogus chess.com or chess24 GUI :wink: