Komodo 14 released.

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Nordlandia

Re: Komodo 14 released.

Post by Nordlandia » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:54 pm

Minor piece duo RN vs BN - the weaker side usually require a pawn to meet the requirement as compensation. I can't think of any possible scenarios were this particular duo excels at, maybe there is positions but hard to imagine.

Btw Chessmaster render of the phoenix knights.

https://pasteboard.co/Jg8yaA3.png

Nordlandia

Post by Nordlandia » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:01 am

Some games to highlight my observation.

Nordlandia

Post by Nordlandia » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:48 pm

This is a dream position for black. All pieces on white squares, rendering the white bishop with no targets. Position is equal.

Considering the circumstances. This should well qualify for material compensation. I.e. material bonus/malus in the material table etc.

lkaufman

Post by lkaufman » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:12 pm

Nordlandia wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:48 pm
This is a dream position for black. All pieces on white squares, rendering the white bishop with no targets. Position is equal.

Considering the circumstances. This should well qualify for material compensation. I.e. material bonus/malus in the material table etc.

I don't see this as a material issue. Black has two everlasting central knight outposts and more space, White has an isolated pawn and a bad bishop and no threats on any weakness, surely more than enough compensation for the exchange for pawn deficit.
Komodo rules!