Where can I download the latest AsmFish ?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Vinvin
Full name: Vincent Lejeune

Post by Vinvin »

I only finds old versions. :-(
cc2150dx
Full name: Jason Coombs

Re: Where can I download the latest AsmFish ?

Post by cc2150dx »

Unfortunately the newest version I can find is: https://chess.massimilianogoi.com/download/asmfish/
corres

Post by corres »

cc2150dx wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:50 pm Unfortunately the newest version I can find is: https://chess.massimilianogoi.com/download/asmfish/
With Goi...
Pafifi
Full name: Rong Lin

Post by Pafifi »

Newest version is on Github and there are really no new versions this year. If you found 2019 version it might well be the newest.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Vinvin wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:44 pm Where can I download the latest AsmFish ?
I only finds old versions. :-(
You can also grab them from here:

https://github.com/MichaelB7/asmFish

no updates in 10 months ... and I don't blame them .. at most , with a 10% speed pickup, you get a few elo, perhaps 5. Now that Stockfish has large pages , it's even less speed gain than previously (asmFish has had large pages for quite a while).
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

Once Mohamed left the project it was doomed. He was the genius who drove it to stardom. Afterwards, it lost all of its steam.
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.
Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias »

Not all of it, but most. Lyudmil more or less kept up with SF development, but once he left too, it started to seriously get behind. It's a pity Justin couldn't even reach the SF11 landmark (it fell short for about 11 months!).
MikeB wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:13 amno updates in 10 months ... and I don't blame them .. at most , with a 10% speed pickup, you get a few elo, perhaps 5. Now that Stockfish has large pages , it's even less speed gain than previously (asmFish has had large pages for quite a while).
It depends on your testing framework. For me, asmFish is still better than the latest classic SF dev version (even with the year and a half lag).
Gero
Full name: Gero Marten

Post by Gero »