Coming soon

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

MikeB

Coming soon

Post by MikeB »

A complete rebase, a reset of Honey to Stockfish, Black-Diamond to Crystal and a weaker Weakfish, with just a touch of ascii art eye candy... look for it B4 the 4th of July ...

Honey, named after my sweet grandmother 'Honey Byrne' , can still play a mean game ...

Code: Select all

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   1 Honey-dev-062420       3103   0.0    9    9  1000  507.5  50.7  107   92  801  10.7  80.1  3097
   2 Stockfish-dev-062420   3097   5.3    9    9  1000  492.5  49.2   92  107  801   9.2  80.1  3103
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
but still, she could have been lucky here..

Code: Select all

ResultSet-EloRating>los
                      Ho St
Honey-dev-062420         86
Stockfish-dev-062420  13
The FD (Fortress Detection) versions were retired, but Black Diamond, like Crystal still have FD
Ovyron

Re: Coming soon

Post by Ovyron »

Thanks Mike. Can I request that when you release it you include separate sources for each of the 5 flavors? On previous release I get a single source code and then it becomes very difficult to see what code is from what (say, one would want a source code of Bluefish that doesn't have any code from Honey, etc.)
maxdeg

Post by maxdeg »

Many thanks Mike .. :D :D
And adding to the 'ask' any chance you could release a version aimed exclusively for LTC , ICCF players with the optimal settings preset .. please .. :D :D

And :oops: :oops: a version for a Mac .. :D
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

(for some reason MikeB answered by PM saying he won't do one source for each flavor :shock: )

I see. Any chance you make a list of changes between Stockfish default and these Honey-family versions so I can make separate sources myself?
Marek Soszynski

Post by Marek Soszynski »

Thanks Mike,

I look forward to these.

I do ask, though, that if possible you provide or link to various and several releases.

I have a Linux system, so I can make Linux compiles myself, but I also need Windows nonpcount compiles, which I simply can't make myself on my system.

Thanks again,
Marek Soszynski
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Marek Soszynski wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:19 pm Thanks Mike,

I look forward to these.

I do ask, though, that if possible you provide or link to various and several releases.

I have a Linux system, so I can make Linux compiles myself, but I also need Windows nonpcount compiles, which I simply can't make myself on my system.

Thanks again,
Will do, no problem.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Ovyron wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:45 pm (for some reason MikeB answered by PM saying he won't do one source for each flavor :shock: )

I see. Any chance you make a list of changes between Stockfish default and these Honey-family versions so I can make separate sources myself?
This a for fun forum - what you asking for would not be fun for me at all.

When you enjoy doing something - it's not work , it's fun. What you are proposing for me , would not be fun. That makes it work, and unless you're name is Wendy and you have been married to me for 43 years - sorry - but that aint happening. ;>)
JohnS

Post by JohnS »

MikeB wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:37 am
When you enjoy doing something - it's not work , it's fun. What you are proposing for me , would not be fun. That makes it work, and unless you're name is Wendy and you have been married to me for 43 years - sorry - but that aint happening. ;>)
Wendy, Wendy - is there a Wendy in the house. :D :D

Seriously though, looking forward to the new version Mike.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

JohnS wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:43 am
MikeB wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:37 am
Wendy, Wendy - is there a Wendy in the house. :D :D

Seriously though, looking forward to the new version Mike.
+1 haha, yes indeed

We are getting closer ...