Arasan 22.1

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

supersharp77

Re: Arasan 22.1

Post by supersharp77 »

Thanks Jon! The World Loves Arasan! Congrats AR..... :) :wink:
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

I slobber on my pillow at night, when I think of the next new Arasan or Arasan test suite.
:lol:
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.
Archimedes
Full name: Archimedes

Post by Archimedes »

Android builds from Arasan are rare. So i make my own compile from the latest version.

Arasan seems not be fully compatible with Android, because, when Arasan is the active engine in DroidFish and i want to choose another engine, DroidFish brings up an error and the new selected engine is not started. You have to choose another engine or you have to exit DroidFish and start it again (also other, older versions from Arasan have this problem).

Beside that, Arasan works like other engines in DroidFish, no other issues so far.

Arasan 22.1:
https://app.box.com/s/w40a20sqv68k7l6ve5m4uvcexmw9n155
mvanthoor
Full name: Marcel Vanthoor

Post by mvanthoor »

Thanks for the update Jon :)

I tested Arasan some time ago, because it has a strength setting. However, it seems that it doesn't simulate 'thinking' by wasting it's time; in other words, if set to a lower strength, the engine moves immediately. Is this correct?

If you could change this, Arasan would probably become one of my favorite engines to play against besides Stockfish 10 and Texel 1.07.

Honestly, I'll have to download and test some more open source engines that have a strength / skill / uci_elo setting and see how they work.
Author of Rustic, an engine written in Rust.
Releases | Code | Docs | Progress | CCRL
jdart

Post by jdart »

> However, it seems that it doesn't simulate 'thinking' by wasting it's time; in other words, if set to a lower strength, the engine moves immediately. Is this correct?

It does add idle time to the search. But maybe not enough to be noticeable.

--Jon