Polish users cut off from TalkChess

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
mmt
Full name: .

Re: Polish users cut off from TalkChess

Post by mmt » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:53 am

I remember that it took me something like two weeks to register my account. It should be instantaneous or a quick manual process or many people won't bother to come back.

Ovyron

Re: Polish users cut off from TalkChess

Post by Ovyron » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:58 am

Guys, we don't need to migrate anything. Create a new forum in your servers and call it new Talkchess or whatever, then tell everyone to migrate so they post there instead of here.

See how it goes.

If it works you have your new forum without all the problems from here.

If it doesn't we'll still have this place here. I've seen places disappear from the net when they attempted to migrate and it didn't work. Entire communities die. So just try the migration without closing this one up.

If only 5% of users follow you then 95% of users are currently happy here. I can count how many people followed Guenther to RWBC Computerchess Forum with one finger, that may be a forum without any of Talkchess's host problems, which shows the community built is more important than where the forum resides.