Stockfish 210720 with NNUE

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Dann Corbit, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
User avatar
kranium
Posts: 1922
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 8:43 am

Stockfish 210720 with NNUE

Post by kranium » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:10 pm

For convenience, a recent Stockfish dev with NNUE support
and a UCI option to turn NNUE eval 'on' or 'off'

https://github.com/FireFather/sf-nnue/releases

User avatar
Werner
Posts: 2596
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:09 pm

Re: Stockfish 210720 with NNUE

Post by Werner » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:24 pm

Thanks,
which nets are supported?
Werner

User avatar
kranium
Posts: 1922
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 8:43 am

Re: Stockfish 210720 with NNUE

Post by kranium » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:28 pm

Werner wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:24 pm
Thanks,
which nets are supported?
It's halfkp-256

User avatar
Werner
Posts: 2596
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:09 pm

Re: Stockfish 210720 with NNUE

Post by Werner » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:36 pm

Ok, yes just tested,
384x2 net is not supported - will you think about changing that?;
...and is the build fast enough compared to nodchip compiles?
Werner

User avatar
kranium
Posts: 1922
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 8:43 am

Re: Stockfish 210720 with NNUE

Post by kranium » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:56 pm

Werner wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:36 pm
Ok, yes just tested,
384x2 net is not supported - will you think about changing that?;
...and is the build fast enough compared to nodchip compiles?
Hi Werner-
I don't really think there's a need for 384 at this point...almost all the 256 nets I seen are more than adequate.

Whether they're fast enough is something I can't answer, a value judgement. I'll let you decide that for yourself.

My intention here was to simply figure out how to include both evals in one binary.
I would normally submit the idea as a PR to github repository, but it's been 'frozen' for the time being.

Best regards,
Norm

perejaslav
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:01 am
Location: Cold

Re: Stockfish 210720 with NNUE

Post by perejaslav » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:36 am

Not working in Fritz GUI (

User avatar
kranium
Posts: 1922
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 8:43 am

Re: Stockfish 210720 with NNUE

Post by kranium » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:50 am

perejaslav wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:36 am
Not working in Fritz GUI (
Hmmm too long (character limit) id name was an issue with fritz/chessbase...

I'll bet it's the same problem with id author :
T. Romstad, M. Costalba, J. Kiiski, G. Linscott, H. Noda, Y. Nasu, M. Isozaki
yes 3 have been added

I'll compile some new ones...but not right away, maybe tomorrow

Thanks for letting me know!

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 5810
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: Stockfish 210720 with NNUE

Post by Rebel » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:57 am

Also:

option name EvalNNUE type check default false

Set the default setting to true.
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

User avatar
kranium
Posts: 1922
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 8:43 am

Re: Stockfish 210720 with NNUE

Post by kranium » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:43 am

shorter id author field (for compatibility with Fritz/Chessbase)
UCI option EvalNNUE default = true

https://github.com/FireFather/sf-nnue/r ... g/07-22-20

Note: I have not tested with Fritz (don't own it).

User avatar
kranium
Posts: 1922
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 8:43 am

Re: Stockfish 210720 with NNUE

Post by kranium » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:32 pm

sf-nnue aio 07-22-2020 available
https://github.com/FireFather/sf-nnue/releases

stockfish+nnue aio (all-in-one)

All nnue modules (GEN, NNUE, LEARN) compiled into a single executable
w/ UCI options for EvalNNUE (if 'off' regular Stockfish evaluation is used) and UseEvalHash

The download includes optimized bmi2, avx2, & popc binaries

Post Reply