Question for MikeB

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Question for MikeB

Post by Damir »

Mike I am using now your Black Diamond XI NN Engine and personality World Champion. Unfortunately engine is playing Bullet.. is never thinking over the move it plays in a 11+0 game. When I am using Default None Engine, engine is using most of its time when it plays a move and does not move instantly. If possible, is it possible for you to fix this, so other personalities also use their time when they make a move , instead of playing instantly whitout thinking over their move ?
Paloma
Full name: Herbert L

Re: Question for MikeB

Post by Paloma »

And will the fix to Black Diamond XI-R3.1 appear ??

I'm waiting for. :?
Vinvin
Full name: Vincent Lejeune

Post by Vinvin »

Paloma wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:49 pm And will the fix to Black Diamond XI-R3.1 appear ??

Same for me, for all the 3.1 serie. :)
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Damir wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:26 pm Mike I am using now your Black Diamond XI NN Engine and personality World Champion. Unfortunately engine is playing Bullet.. is never thinking over the move it plays in a 11+0 game. When I am using Default None Engine, engine is using most of its time when it plays a move and does not move instantly. If possible, is it possible for you to fix this, so other personalities also use their time when they make a move , instead of playing instantly whitout thinking over their move ?
The NN engines do not have weaker play - except for Weakfish. They also need a net file. If the first move is a3 , it is not finding the net file.
Test it on the command line and hit enter. Tell me what it says.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Vinvin wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:08 pm
Paloma wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:49 pm And will the fix to Black Diamond XI-R3.1 appear ??

Same for me, for all the 3.1 serie. :)
My bad- I got sucked up in SF NN and grandkids and 3.1 lost. I will get it out.
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

The nn.bin file is used when I use None Engine. I don't think it should make any difference if I try other personalities as well, except that it plays ridicilously fast and never makes any thinking. I had a won game against an opponent but he escaped with a draw cause World Champion personality played instantly.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Damir wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:10 pm The nn.bin file is used when I use None Engine. I don't think it should make any difference if I try other personalities as well, except that it plays ridicilously fast and never makes any thinking. I had a won game against an opponent but he escaped with a draw cause World Champion personality played instantly.
THe NN engine was only designed to be an engine, not an AB engine - hence it was called "rough". It requires an NN file of some sort. I know SF team is going to make it a check box, but I did not do that. All of my NN engines are just that NN only and they required a an nn.nin file of some sort.,