... the last shall be first ...

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Dann Corbit, hgm

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
peter
Posts: 2171
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:38 am
Full name: Peter Martan

Re: ... the last shall be first ...

Post by peter » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:27 am

Andrew wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:36 am
Thanks Mike! I've just tried to run Black-Diamond from the X86-64-bmi2-noLogos-noBin zip file and I get an error
about needing the mysys-2.0.dll file. Just having a look to see if it is on my computer.
Otherwise:
https://www.dllme.com/dll/files/msys-2_0_dll.html
Peter.

Andrew
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: ... the last shall be first ...

Post by Andrew » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:52 am

Cheers Peter!

Paloma
Posts: 982
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: ... the last shall be first ...

Post by Paloma » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:36 am

Andrew wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:36 am
Thanks Mike! I've just tried to run Black-Diamond from the X86-64-bmi2-noLogos-noBin zip file and I get an error
about needing the mysys-2.0.dll file. Just having a look to see if it is on my computer.

Andrew
Here too.
All five .exe's needs the .dll file. :(

User avatar
MikeB
Posts: 4488
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:34 am
Location: Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania

Re: ... the last shall be first ...

Post by MikeB » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:03 pm

I’m obviously doing something wrong - will need to figure this out. In the meantime , I will place a dll file out there for people to grab. Never had this issue before when using static.
Image

User avatar
MikeB
Posts: 4488
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:34 am
Location: Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania

Re: ... the last shall be first ...

Post by MikeB » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:19 pm

MikeB wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:03 pm
I’m obviously doing something wrong - will need to figure this out. In the meantime , I will place a dll file out there for people to grab. Never had this issue before when using static.
link to msys-2.0.dll


https://github.com/MichaelB7/Stockfish/ ... ys-2.0.dll
Image

maxdeg
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:17 pm
Location: Canada

Re: ... the last shall be first ...

Post by maxdeg » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:18 pm

:D

Thanks for the compiles.
Was wondering if you've resolved the dll issue as I would appreciate the how what etc.

I have the same problem when trying to compile the Honey suite, CorChess and a few others but NONE when compiling Stockfish-Dev.

Incidentally the 'rm *bench' at the top (line 39) in your build script is an issue - also with the 'benchnodes.txt' - sorry cannot remember the issue here .. :oops: :cry:

User avatar
MikeB
Posts: 4488
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:34 am
Location: Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania

Re: ... the last shall be first ...

Post by MikeB » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:37 pm

maxdeg wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:18 pm
:D

Thanks for the compiles.
Was wondering if you've resolved the dll issue as I would appreciate the how what etc.

I have the same problem when trying to compile the Honey suite, CorChess and a few others but NONE when compiling Stockfish-Dev.

Incidentally the 'rm *bench' at the top (line 39) in your build script is an issue - also with the 'benchnodes.txt' - sorry cannot remember the issue here .. :oops: :cry:
My issue was related to my own installation of msys2 and nothing else. The rm command will always give an error message if the file is not present but it does not stop script from continuing to process.
Image

maxdeg
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:17 pm
Location: Canada

Re: ... the last shall be first ...

Post by maxdeg » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:50 pm

MikeB wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:37 pm
maxdeg wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:18 pm
:D

Thanks for the compiles.
Was wondering if you've resolved the dll issue as I would appreciate the how what etc.

I have the same problem when trying to compile the Honey suite, CorChess and a few others but NONE when compiling Stockfish-Dev.

Incidentally the 'rm *bench' at the top (line 39) in your build script is an issue - also with the 'benchnodes.txt' - sorry cannot remember the issue here .. :oops: :cry:
My issue was related to my own installation of msys2 and nothing else. The rm command will always give an error message if the file is not present but it does not stop script from continuing to process.
Thank you !

swissman
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:06 pm
Full name: Kurt Utzinger

Re: ... the last shall be first ...

Post by swissman » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:16 am

MikeB wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:14 am
no - this is not another Biblical post (but do feel free to read Matthew 20:16 ;>) .. this is about all those computer chess enthusiasts who have held onto their x32 machines for ever and now are the last one ones holding on to them and the last ones to get fresh binaries when they come out..this time we are reversing that order and the x32 binaries are the FIRST ones to be released ....

package includes everything you need - 5 engines , Honey, Stockfish ( sort of) , Black-Diamond , Bluefish and my favorite, Weakfish - all running the latest SF approved net , which is INCLUDED in the packaged and is name eval.bin so you don't get it confused with the other 50 or so nets you have already picked along the way .;>) Each engine has a logo directly derived from one of the Lewes Chessmen, hard carved from Walrus ivory about 700 years ago and recently , .. ahem ,.discovered in Scotland almost two HUNDRED years ago ...that is correct .. they were AWOL for almost 500 years ...
enjoy - more versions will be released soon...
Hi MIke
Stockfish-XIr5 (Honey-Xlr5 and so on) are Unix executable, but they do not appear to be UCI compatible. Cannot create the engines under Hiarcs Chess Explorer on my MacBook Pro. The program claims "No UCI engine".
Kind regards
swissmen

Post Reply