Ethereal Pawn-King NN

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

xr_a_y

Re: Ethereal Pawn-King NN

Post by xr_a_y »

Does you training pytorch code calling Ethereal search/qsearch/eval from outside or do you managed to use only pre-computed data for learning ?
AndrewGrant
Full name: Andrew Grant

Post by AndrewGrant »

xr_a_y wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:12 pm Does you training pytorch code calling Ethereal search/qsearch/eval from outside or do you managed to use only pre-computed data for learning ?
Pre computed data only. I store off a half dozen values about the position's evaluation. There is no interfacing between Ethereal and the Pytorch code. Which is why I'm not planning on sharing it at this time.
#WeAreAllDraude #JusticeForDraude #RememberDraude #LeptirBigUltra
"Those who can't do, clone instead" - Eduard ( A real life friend, not this forum's Eduard )
pohl4711
Full name: Stefan Pohl

Post by pohl4711 »

AndrewGrant wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:34 pm If there is interest, I can generate some compilations for Windows
Yes, please. I would like to do a 7000 games testrun for my ratinglist (need compile for AMD Ryzen). Because, at the moment there is no other test running, I could start the test immediately and the result would go online 2 days later.

https://www.sp-cc.de
chysiddh14
Full name: Siddhartha Chaudhary

Post by chysiddh14 »

lots of user waiting for android verison ,kindly share it also.
xr_a_y

Post by xr_a_y »

AndrewGrant wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:13 pm
xr_a_y wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:12 pm Does you training pytorch code calling Ethereal search/qsearch/eval from outside or do you managed to use only pre-computed data for learning ?
Pre computed data only. I store off a half dozen values about the position's evaluation. There is no interfacing between Ethereal and the Pytorch code. Which is why I'm not planning on sharing it at this time.
I kinda think that is the way to go indeed. And this allows using python frameworks and gpu things, ...
AndrewGrant

Post by AndrewGrant »

So I kinda went AWOL in this thread, since I discovered a disconnect between training and actual implementation. I thought surely I could fix that quickly and gain a ton more elo. Turns out, not so much, at least for Standard. I did sort out FRC though.

Here are a bunch of binaries:

We have the usual NOPOPCNT, POPCNT, and PEXT, and Android ones. As well as SEE4.1 versions of both POPCNT and PEXT. I'm not explicitly using any fancy vector operations, but the compiler does do them for me in some cases. I suspect the SEE4.1s should be faster for those with modern architectures, but I do not know truthfully. This is something I will have to sort out before Ethereal 12.75, since I want to make sure I provide the (Windows) testers with the best binaries possible.
"Those who can't do, clone instead" - Eduard ( A real life friend, not this forum's Eduard )
pohl4711
Full name: Stefan Pohl

Post by pohl4711 »

Cool! Thank you very much. Testrun will start tomorrow, when the Igel 2.8.0 testrun is finished.

I tried both popcount compiles on my AMD Ryzen 3900 CPU and can report, that the normal popcount compile is a little bit faster, than the popcount SEE4.1. But the difference is very small (below 2%). I will use the popcount compile for my testrun.
AndrewGrant

Post by AndrewGrant »

pohl4711 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:27 am Cool! Thank you very much. Testrun will start tomorrow, when the Igel 2.8.0 testrun is finished.

I tried both popcount compiles on my AMD Ryzen 3900 CPU and can report, that the normal popcount compile is a little bit faster, than the popcount SEE4.1. But the difference is very small (below 2%). I will use the popcount compile for my testrun.
Thanks for the pending test, and thanks for the speed test.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

peter wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:22 pm
AndrewGrant wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:34 pm If there is interest, I can generate some compilations for Windows / Android users.
Great news, thank!
Windows SSE4.1-popcnt would be great.

Looking forward regards
Awesome , Windows with with above plus -mavx2 please. Thanks!
AndrewGrant

Post by AndrewGrant »

MikeB wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:20 am Awesome , Windows with with above plus -mavx2 please. Thanks!

I'm assuming you have a Ryzen? If not, it should still work I imagine.

Thats compiled with march=znver1 as the target architecture.