Chess for Android Display Request

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

AdminX

Chess for Android Display Request

Post by AdminX »

Aart,

Would it be possible to make a cosmetic change in 'Chess for Android' (Tablet Mode), Where the 'Menu Buttons' are moved to the right side above the 'Time Clocks' in a horizontal format?

"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."
Full name: Aart Bik

Re: Chess for Android Display Request

Post by abik »

Thanks for your suggestion. Implementing good graphics and layout has always been a struggle for me given my limited hobby time, since there are so many Android devices out there. And trying to support (and test!) all of them well usually ends of with suboptimal solutions for most, and trying to optimize for one may break the layout for others. So long story short, I hear your request, but when I have some time again, I tend to drift into adding new cool esoteric features, leaving such issues for "later" :-)
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

abik wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:33 pm Thanks for your suggestion. Implementing good graphics and layout has always been a struggle for me given my limited hobby time, since there are so many Android devices out there. And trying to support (and test!) all of them well usually ends of with suboptimal solutions for most, and trying to optimize for one may break the layout for others. So long story short, I hear your request, but when I have some time again, I tend to drift into adding new cool esoteric features, leaving such issues for "later" :-)
What a nice way of saying "no". It took me a while to learn "Good idea, let me think about that ..." when dealing with the missus.:)
PeterO

Post by PeterO »

Hi Aart,

a cool esoteric feature would be „bonus time for human player“ in the time setting! :wink:

Peter
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

PeterO wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:03 am Hi Aart,

a cool esoteric feature would be „bonus time for human player“ in the time setting! :wink:

Peter
Excellent! I like that.