Winter

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, bob, hgm

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 5686
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: Winter

Post by Rebel » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:53 am

Winter 0.9 +71 on SRL :wink:

Code: Select all

                                                               Max            Time   Hash          
    Engine           Points  Used Time   Found   Pos    Elo   Score   Score    ms     Mb  Cpu  Errors
 1  Stockfish 12     341638  11:34:09.7  25383  40000  3416  400000  85.41%   1000   128    1     0
23  Winter 0.9       298713  10:06:38.6  20518  40000  2987  400000  74.68%   1000   128    1     0
33  Winter 0.8       291596  10:02:03.0  20057  40000  2916  400000  72.90%   1000   128    1    41
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

matejst
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Full name: Boban Stanojević

Re: Winter

Post by matejst » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:33 am

I somehow missed this thread, being at work for a few days. Downloaded the new Winter and it is indeed faster. I hope I will have time in the next few days to test it and analyze with it to see if it means changes in the way it plays.

Anyway, I hope you will continue to improve Winter your own way.

Wish you all the best, Jonathan.

Frank Quisinsky
Posts: 5162
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:16 pm
Location: Trier, Germany
Contact:

Re: Winter

Post by Frank Quisinsky » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:15 am

Hi,

good news!
Thanks for the new version.
Will be start for the next FCP Tourney.

Best
Frank

PS: Weeks not at home ...
My thanks comes a bit to late but it comes!
I like computer chess!

jorose
Posts: 317
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:21 pm
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Full name: Jonathan Rosenthal

Re: Winter

Post by jorose » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:49 am

Rebel wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:53 am
Winter 0.9 +71 on SRL :wink:

Code: Select all

                                                               Max            Time   Hash          
    Engine           Points  Used Time   Found   Pos    Elo   Score   Score    ms     Mb  Cpu  Errors
 1  Stockfish 12     341638  11:34:09.7  25383  40000  3416  400000  85.41%   1000   128    1     0
23  Winter 0.9       298713  10:06:38.6  20518  40000  2987  400000  74.68%   1000   128    1     0
33  Winter 0.8       291596  10:02:03.0  20057  40000  2916  400000  72.90%   1000   128    1    41
Awesome! Since the evaluation function is identical between the two versions, this might be an interesting data point for others as well.
matejst wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:33 am
I somehow missed this thread, being at work for a few days. Downloaded the new Winter and it is indeed faster. I hope I will have time in the next few days to test it and analyze with it to see if it means changes in the way it plays.

Anyway, I hope you will continue to improve Winter your own way.

Wish you all the best, Jonathan.
Thank you, I am looking forward to hearing your findings!
Frank Quisinsky wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:15 am
Hi,

good news!
Thanks for the new version.
Will be start for the next FCP Tourney.

Best
Frank

PS: Weeks not at home ...
My thanks comes a bit to late but it comes!
Great! While it might not seem like it since I don't usually comment on the tournament threads much, I do in fact follow all the events I am aware of Winter participating in. FCP generates a lot of interesting statistics.
-Jonathan

Post Reply