Samsung S20 FE /Chess GUI/Compiling Help/Question

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

MikeB

Samsung S20 FE /Chess GUI/Compiling Help/Question

Post by MikeB »

My son's company, is getting me a Samsung S2O FE (Fan Edition) , while I do some part time work for them. Any suggestions on a GUI? I am most interested in running Stockfish and particularly my SF clones (the Honey engines) . What is the best method method to build from source? I am currently living in a Windows 10 Pro environment , but I have access to macOS and a Windows Ubuntu 20.04 environment.

Thanks in advance.
Mike B.
RogerC
Full name: Roger C.

Re: Samsung S20 FE /Chess GUI/Compiling Help/Question

Post by RogerC »

MikeB wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:59 am My son's company, is getting me a Samsung S2O FE (Fan Edition) , while I do some part time work for them. Any suggestions on a GUI? I am most interested in running Stockfish and particularly my SF clones (the Honey engines) . What is the best method method to build from source? I am currently living in a Windows 10 Pro environment , but I have access to macOS and a Windows Ubuntu 20.04 environment.

Thanks in advance.
Mike B.
The best GUI for android is DroidFish : All configurable UCI options (can be seen and changed). You can tune hash table, opening books (internal, polyglot, CTG and ABK accepted). All you can imagine in clock parameters. PGN , FEN / EPD export and import. SF engine is updated regularly (September 28 Android compilation with embedded net at this time)...
Nordlandia

Post by Nordlandia »

Droidfish is very good and free.
mvanthoor
Full name: Marcel Vanthoor

Post by mvanthoor »

MikeB wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:59 am My son's company, is getting me a Samsung S2O FE (Fan Edition) , while I do some part time work for them. Any suggestions on a GUI? I am most interested in running Stockfish and particularly my SF clones (the Honey engines) . What is the best method method to build from source? I am currently living in a Windows 10 Pro environment , but I have access to macOS and a Windows Ubuntu 20.04 environment.

Thanks in advance.
Mike B.
Droidfish. Have been using it for almost 10 years. Never needed anything else.

It's written by the author of Texel, by the way. (Which is a great engine with a good level implementation. On sub-50 levels, even total beginners who just know the rules and a few mating patterns can have a chance of beating it, assuming they don't give away their pieces.)

edit:
LOL. All together now: Droidfish, droidfish, drooooooid-FISH!
Author of Rustic, an engine written in Rust.
Releases | Code | Docs | Progress | CCRL
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Ok -Driodfish - now to the actual compilation steps - say a SF clone like Honey - does anyone have a link for compiling Stockfish for the Android. I should be able to piggyback off that process.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

It's actually quite simple, just about plug and play with Android Studio

MikeB

Post by MikeB »

this is a digitally signed apk good for 50 years ;>) - should be exact same version of droidfish on Google Play (1.84) - but if you would like to help me out and kick the tires, that would be great - obviously, the endgame is to get Honey, Black-Diamond , Oki Maguro and Weakfish up and running on Google play in the droidfish gui - it works on my new Samsung phone..

https://github.com/MichaelB7/droidfish/ ... elease.apk
JohnS

Post by JohnS »

MikeB wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:07 am this is a digitally signed apk good for 50 years ;>) - should be exact same version of droidfish on Google Play (1.84) - but if you would like to help me out and kick the tires, that would be great - obviously, the endgame is to get Honey, Black-Diamond , Oki Maguro and Weakfish up and running on Google play in the droidfish gui - it works on my new Samsung phone..

Wot - only good for 50 years and free. Total ripoff. :D :D

Great work Mike as always. Tempted to get a Samsung phone.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

now wth 55 TB 's embedded

RogerC
Full name: Roger C.

Post by RogerC »

MikeB wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:07 am this is a digitally signed apk good for 50 years ;>) - should be exact same version of droidfish on Google Play (1.84) - but if you would like to help me out and kick the tires, that would be great - obviously, the endgame is to get Honey, Black-Diamond , Oki Maguro and Weakfish up and running on Google play in the droidfish gui - it works on my new Samsung phone..

Hi, for android uci engines compilations you should go there : http://outskirts.altervista.org/forum/v ... m.php?f=40