Update MillionBase

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

MikeGL

Re: Update MillionBase

Post by MikeGL »

Rebel wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:00 pm
MikeGL wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:38 am
Rebel wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:38 pm MillionBase 3.45
3.45 million quality chess games in PGN format.
Added 550.000 new games.
Scid proof.

http://rebel13.nl/download/data.html
Much respect to Ed. Thanks for this database update.
I am wondering if there are similar DB solely dedicated to engines matches. I mean a consolidated PGN containing archived TCEC, SSDF, CCRL etc. engine games.
So that in case I needed to see specific novelty in GM games, I can shift to Engines Only Database (EOD) to see if it was already done or how engines treats the position.
I am confident there are people who maintain such a database, however I am not one of them.
I honestly have one, containing very old WCCC games up to current engine-engine matches but I am not so confident about its completeness. There are probably rare engine-engine matches starting with Deep Thought, Deep Blue I, Deep Blue II, etc.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
soundrender
Full name: Olly Herbst

In

Post by soundrender »

Hello Ed,

I have a problem with poly17 (poly.exe). I have created a book from 6 million strong games and also created WDL statistics .wdl file.
The polyglot book is 1.64GB in size, exact same size has the .wdl file (as usual). I know about the 2GB file-size limitation on polyglot-books with your polyglot-tools (poly.exe and somu.exe). But now I ran into an "insufficient memory" error when I "recalculate the weights by WDL":

Recalculation with smaller books/wdl files worked. :arrow: Hence I have 2 questions:
1.) Is there a defined size limit for .wdl-files or what is the problem?
2.) Is there maybe another way to circument the insufficient memory error, or do you plan to fix this limitaion in poly.exe?

PS:
My PC has 64GB of RAM, so this should be fine, but I wonder if there is temporary file space needed (Windows TEMP) or similar, which
is causing the problem?