BBC GUI release - PLAY IT ONLINE!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Dann Corbit, hgm

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
User avatar
maksimKorzh
Posts: 368
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:37 pm
Location: Ukraine
Full name: Maksim Korzh
Contact:

BBC GUI release - PLAY IT ONLINE!

Post by maksimKorzh » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:39 pm

Hey what's up guys, Code Monkey King's here.
I'm happy to introduce a custom web based GUI I've created to play vs my engine BBC.

PLAY ONLINE: http://maksimkorzh.pythonanywhere.com/
SOURCE CODE: https://github.com/maksimKorzh/uci-gui
VIDEO SERIES: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0uKZbH ... jiLhkQm0DB

Features:
- web interface
- flip board
- force computer move
- take back if you've blundered a queen)
- set custom FEN to start game from a given opening position
- download PGN
- might be played on smartphone (while not really optimized for this purpose)

I will appreciate if you play a couple of games and either post PGNs here or mail to freesoft.for.people@gmail.com

And here's the game where BBC has crushed my friend)


User avatar
AdminX
Posts: 5557
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:34 pm
Location: Acworth, GA
Contact:

Re: BBC GUI release - PLAY IT ONLINE!

Post by AdminX » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:52 pm

It would be nice if the move times were recorded in the PGN.

Anyway we blitzed out a quick draw. :D

"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."
__________________________________________________________________
Ted Summers

Dann Corbit
Posts: 11702
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:57 pm
Location: Redmond, WA USA
Contact:

Re: BBC GUI release - PLAY IT ONLINE!

Post by Dann Corbit » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:22 pm

The name of your program makes me think of the British Broadcasting Company (BBC).
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.

User avatar
maksimKorzh
Posts: 368
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:37 pm
Location: Ukraine
Full name: Maksim Korzh
Contact:

Re: BBC GUI release - PLAY IT ONLINE!

Post by maksimKorzh » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:18 pm

Dann Corbit wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:22 pm
The name of your program makes me think of the British Broadcasting Company (BBC).
Exactly, it's intended for youtube purposes - if peoaple search for BBC (British Broadcasting Company) they would probably find my engine as well.
May be one day I will monetize my work via ads.

User avatar
maksimKorzh
Posts: 368
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:37 pm
Location: Ukraine
Full name: Maksim Korzh
Contact:

Re: BBC GUI release - PLAY IT ONLINE!

Post by maksimKorzh » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:21 pm

AdminX wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:52 pm
It would be nice if the move times were recorded in the PGN.

Anyway we blitzed out a quick draw. :D

Amazing game!
What's you ELO?
What time control you've used? (instant, seconds per move, fexed depth?)
Can I please cover this game in YouTube video entitled like "Ted Summers Jr. VS BBC"?

re: It would be nice if the move times were recorded in the PGN.
- I'll work on that

User avatar
AdminX
Posts: 5557
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:34 pm
Location: Acworth, GA
Contact:

Re: BBC GUI release - PLAY IT ONLINE!

Post by AdminX » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:24 pm

maksimKorzh wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:21 pm
AdminX wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:52 pm
It would be nice if the move times were recorded in the PGN.

Anyway we blitzed out a quick draw. :D

Amazing game!
What's you ELO?
What time control you've used? (instant, seconds per move, fexed depth?)
Can I please cover this game in YouTube video entitled like "Ted Summers Jr. VS BBC"?

re: It would be nice if the move times were recorded in the PGN.
- I'll work on that
Somewhere somewhere between 1900 -2050 in blitz
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."
__________________________________________________________________
Ted Summers

Modern Times
Posts: 2612
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: BBC GUI release - PLAY IT ONLINE!

Post by Modern Times » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:38 pm

maksimKorzh wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:18 pm
Dann Corbit wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:22 pm
The name of your program makes me think of the British Broadcasting Company (BBC).
Exactly, it's intended for youtube purposes - if peoaple search for BBC (British Broadcasting Company) they would probably find my engine as well.
May be one day I will monetize my work via ads.
A certain irony in that given that the BBC is not commercially funded and does not run ads !
.

Opinions expressed here are my own, and not necessarily those of the CCRL Group.

User avatar
maksimKorzh
Posts: 368
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:37 pm
Location: Ukraine
Full name: Maksim Korzh
Contact:

Re: BBC GUI release - PLAY IT ONLINE!

Post by maksimKorzh » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:43 pm

Modern Times wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:38 pm
maksimKorzh wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:18 pm
Dann Corbit wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:22 pm
The name of your program makes me think of the British Broadcasting Company (BBC).
Exactly, it's intended for youtube purposes - if peoaple search for BBC (British Broadcasting Company) they would probably find my engine as well.
May be one day I will monetize my work via ads.
A certain irony in that given that the BBC is not commercially funded and does not run ads !
Cool, I didn't know that.

Albert Silver
Posts: 2948
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:57 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Re: BBC GUI release - PLAY IT ONLINE!

Post by Albert Silver » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:22 pm

Modern Times wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:38 pm
maksimKorzh wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:18 pm
Dann Corbit wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:22 pm
The name of your program makes me think of the British Broadcasting Company (BBC).
Exactly, it's intended for youtube purposes - if peoaple search for BBC (British Broadcasting Company) they would probably find my engine as well.
May be one day I will monetize my work via ads.
A certain irony in that given that the BBC is not commercially funded and does not run ads !
Instead people are forced to pay for a yearly license, which is highly controversial.
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."

No4b
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:21 pm
Location: Moscow
Full name: Alexander Litov

Re: BBC GUI release - PLAY IT ONLINE!

Post by No4b » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:15 pm

Very nice and pretty-looking GUI!
One minor notice thought - as i figured, engine give eval according its own side (ie +200 means engine is winning),
but it is not always convenient. I think it is a good idea to add some feature like "show eval from White pow" tickbox later.

Gave some thought, but managed to squeeze a win.
TC for the engine "instant response" - usually calculated ~d6.
I used ~5 min in total i think.


Post Reply