CTF Survey - Finished. Results in final post.

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Dann Corbit, hgm

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Sam Watson
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:31 pm

Re: CTF Survey

Post by Sam Watson » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:06 am

A vote for 1.

User avatar
Roland Chastain
Posts: 440
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:07 am
Location: France
Full name: Roland Chastain
Contact:

Re: CTF Survey

Post by Roland Chastain » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:09 am

2. CTF should be closed
Qui trop embrasse mal étreint.

AndrewGrant
Posts: 871
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:08 am
Location: U.S.A
Full name: Andrew Grant
Contact:

Re: CTF Survey

Post by AndrewGrant » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:15 am

1. Should continue as it is now

Firstly, people should be free to say what they please. Secondly, if having CTF keeps a bunch of the degenerates in their own space, all the better.

A Distel
Posts: 3618
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:33 pm

Re: CTF Survey

Post by A Distel » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:30 am

1. CTF should continue as it is now.

“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
― George Orwell
The road to chaos is filled with political correctness.
― Tadros

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 5786
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: CTF Survey

Post by Rebel » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:37 am

1. CTF should continue as it is now.

With strict moderation.
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

maxdeg
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:17 pm
Location: Canada

Re: CTF Survey

Post by maxdeg » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:51 am

CTF should be closed.

User avatar
towforce
Posts: 10694
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:57 pm
Location: Birmingham UK

Re: CTF Survey

Post by towforce » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:57 am

Rebel wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:37 am
1. CTF should continue as it is now.

With strict moderation.

+1
Writing is the antidote to confusion

willmorton
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:19 pm
Full name: William Morton

Re: CTF Survey

Post by willmorton » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:02 am

2. CTF should be closed

CTF was a mess many years ago and it's still a mess.

User avatar
mvanthoor
Posts: 546
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:42 pm
Full name: Marcel Vanthoor

Re: CTF Survey

Post by mvanthoor » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:52 am

CTF should either be closed, or it should be a hidden forum for which people can request access. This should be in an FAQ somewhere, telling people that if they request access, they should expect light (or strict, whatever you want) moderation and sometimes vitriolic content, and that participating is at their own risk. This is how it works at MobileRead (if it still works that way; I have never been in their version of this forum), and they don't seem to have any problems there. People who want to be in are in, and people who don't care don't request access.

[Moderation] I suppose this should count as a 'Not-1' vote, if such votes are allowed. (I saw one 'Not-2' earlier.)

kasinp
Posts: 206
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:47 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: CTF Survey

Post by kasinp » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:49 pm

option 1; we need a place to relegate these topics to

Peter

Locked