Unfair Poll

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

RubiChess
Full name: Andreas Matthies

Re: Unfair Poll

Post by RubiChess »

Is the poll still open? I vote for a new "old men fighting" forum. I will join it in 15 years... Well, probably not.
You take it way too serious...

Regards, Andreas
Sam Hull
Full name: Sam Hull

Post by Sam Hull »

RubiChess wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:38 pm Is the poll still open? I vote for a new "old men fighting" forum. I will join it in 15 years... Well, probably not.
You take it way too serious...

Regards, Andreas
:) :) :)

-Sam-
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

RubiChess wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:38 pm You take it way too serious...
All these discussions in these threads sound very passionate, if instead of fighting these people put this passion into computer chess, as a team I'm sure they could come up with some program that made NNUE technology look like a "Hello world" beginner program by comparison :lol:
mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Post by mclane »

Some of the people in the discussion Wrote their whole life interesting chess engines. They even until today come out with new stuff. But maybe they also want to enjoy and relax after doing some chess programming stuff.
Chris W. did engines from the days of z80A Homecomputers. Ed Schröder in 6502 commercial dedicated chess computers, ARM risc machines and later pc programs.
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

[Moderation] Since the discussion obout the CTF survey seems to have gravitated to another thread, and I don't want too many active threads on this topic here interfering with chess talk, I will now lock this one.