I am very glad to officially release BanksiaGUI for iOS on AppStore. It can run on iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. I guess it can run directly on Apple computers with M1 processors too.
You may search the app with keywords “BanksiaGUI” or use the below link:
The app released with 8 open-source strongest chess engines, integrated and ready to use:
- Stockfish, version: 13Dev, authors: Stockfish team
- LeelaChess Zero, version: 0.26.3, authors: LeelaChessZero team
- Ethereal, version: 12.50, authors: Andrew Grant
- Xiphos, version: 0.5, authors: Milos Tatarevic
- Defenchess, version: 2.2, authors: Can Cetin, Dogac Eldenk
- RubiChess, version: 1.8, authors: Andreas Matthies
- Laser, version: 1.6, authors: Jeffrey An, Michael An
- Igel, version: 2.6, authors: Medvedev, Shcherbyna
I have also released the source code of BanksiaGUI for iOS at the below link. It uses swift + Swiftui - the latest technology to develop the user interface for all Apple platforms (iOS, macOS, Apple Watch)
I have a list of functions/engines someone requested to implement/add. They will be implemented for the next versions. You may help me to implement them too.
Any requests, bug reports are more than welcome and can be posted on the Issues of the GitHub repository.
PS: If you want to play Xiangqi (Chinese chess), you may try my new app Saola which was developed from BanksiaGUI for iOS and released recently. The link: