Now on GitHub, with source code licensed under GPLv3:
- Source release archives: https://github.com/unserializable/monchester/releases/
- Binaries folder: https://github.com/unserializable/monch ... r/binaries
- Issue reporting: https://github.com/unserializable/monchester/issues
- Full README: https://github.com/unserializable/monch ... /README.md
- "I drew it twice, but with black it beat me twice."
- "Daddy, it is gonna take your horsie!"
Details of changes in 1.0 as compared to 0.99
Public and easily accessible release on GitHub, with source code license (GPLv3) now chosen and applied. This 1.0 release is complete with all FIDE rules, including engines own underpromotions. Its playing level estimate is the same as for 0.99 -- should fall somewhere between ChessPuter (842) and GiuChess (993) in terms of CCRL 404.
* Added underpromotion support for engine-side.
* Mate scoring output to correspond to CECP conventions.
* Command-line parameters ``--version`` and ``--help`` and ``--bench`` now produce useful output and are documented.
* Game score saving feature disabled by default -- interfaces take care of that. Debuggers, testers and developers can enable it from ``features.h`` -- if they are using Mac or Linux (Windows will not work as it has now file locking call ``flock``).
* CECP 'hint' command is sneakily supported -- hint depth is set at 2-ply, beware of taking hints from Monchester.
* Fix missing promotion suffix on relevant engine moves.
* Fixed internal mishandling of black promotions that sometimes could cause illegal move to be tried on-board.
* Fixed crash if CECP ``go`` given immediately after protocol announcement without ``new`` or ``setboard`` inbetween.
Thanks to Guenther Simon and Roland Chastain for trying out and giving feedback to 0.99 preview release!
In the binaries folder for 1.0 there are currently Linux x64 binaries (static and dynamic) only. There were no testers of 0.99 Mac binaries -- I suppose I will put up Mac binaries later if I get my friend to compile it for me again --but if possible I would like to look at possible installation methods via brew. For Windows binaries, Guenther promised to update https://rwbc-chess.de/download.htm offering when 1.0 comes out, so they should be available there soon.