Chess Engines binaries for Raspberry Pi 4 Linux 64 bits

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Dann Corbit, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Archimedes
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:43 pm
Full name: Archimedes

Re: Chess Engines binaries for Raspberry Pi 4 Linux 64 bits

Post by Archimedes » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:49 am

Pi4Chess wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:00 pm
@Archimedes : as for Glaurung, the engine does not work either. It seems to want to calculate nodes but hangs quickly at depth 5 without printing anything apart depth 5 and around 400 kns.
Same here, when i use more than one thread.

Have you tried to compile for yourself already? There are compiling instructions in the Readme.txt file.

https://github.com/phenri/glaurung

I've uploaded another version for testing. Before testing, change the thread number to one in the uci options.

Pi4Chess
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:13 am
Full name: Manuel Rivera

Re: Chess Engines binaries for Raspberry Pi 4 Linux 64 bits

Post by Pi4Chess » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:58 am

Archimedes wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:49 am
Pi4Chess wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:00 pm
@Archimedes : as for Glaurung, the engine does not work either. It seems to want to calculate nodes but hangs quickly at depth 5 without printing anything apart depth 5 and around 400 kns.
Same here, when i use more than one thread.

Have you tried to compile for yourself already? There are compiling instructions in the Readme.txt file.

https://github.com/phenri/glaurung

I've uploaded another version for testing. Before testing, change the thread number to one in the uci options.
I tried to compile but without seeing the instructions... i thought that this engine could only work 32bits when i saw what the errors were about.

I will try again then and also see your new build. Thanks for the tips and help you are more used than me to these things ^^

I forgot also i couldn't managed to compile Olithink and Belofte and Gunborg ! (still zurichess and frankygo also)

Pi4Chess
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:13 am
Full name: Manuel Rivera

Re: Chess Engines binaries for Raspberry Pi 4 Linux 64 bits

Post by Pi4Chess » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:08 pm

Neither your Glaurung again neither my compilation retry has worked.
I have followed the instructions. i had to put the -pthread flag to proper compile after a 'p-create-thread error' but same result at the end.

May be someone who managed to compile with linux will give us some tip.

Archimedes
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:43 pm
Full name: Archimedes

Re: Chess Engines binaries for Raspberry Pi 4 Linux 64 bits

Post by Archimedes » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:37 am

Pi4Chess wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:58 am
I forgot also i couldn't managed to compile Olithink and Belofte and Gunborg ! (still zurichess and frankygo also)
Regarding compilation with the go compiler, you have to set up environment variables for proper compiling. For example, on Windows i have to set up the following environment variables, before i start the compile for Android.

Code: Select all

set GOOS=android
set GOARCH=arm64
Quit similar in Linux with the export command (you need GOOS=linux for your environment).

Pi4Chess
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:13 am
Full name: Manuel Rivera

Re: Chess Engines binaries for Raspberry Pi 4 Linux 64 bits

Post by Pi4Chess » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:10 pm

I already compiled other go lang engines.

For zurichess I get the following error : "unsuppored linux /arm64 pair" while it worked for other engines... Weird.

For FrankyGo The problem seems to be I can only accès to go lang 1.13 for arm linux at the moment while it says me it requires 1.14 version...

I will test your 3 new compilations tonight thanks
Archimedes wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:37 am
Pi4Chess wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:58 am
I forgot also i couldn't managed to compile Olithink and Belofte and Gunborg ! (still zurichess and frankygo also)
Regarding compilation with the go compiler, you have to set up environment variables for proper compiling. For example, on Windows i have to set up the following environment variables, before i start the compile for Android.

Code: Select all

set GOOS=android
set GOARCH=arm64
Quit similar in Linux with the export command (you need GOOS=linux for your environment).

Pi4Chess
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:13 am
Full name: Manuel Rivera

Re: Chess Engines binaries for Raspberry Pi 4 Linux 64 bits

Post by Pi4Chess » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:03 pm

Well, there was a 1.15.6 version of Go for linux ARM64 so i installed it and could compile FrankyGo and Zurichess :-)

I also tested Archimedes 3 static builds of Belofte, Gunborg and Olithink and they are working well. Arena detects Belofte as a WB-2 while it's UCi engine so better put the option manually to get it work.

made a tar.gz of these 5 new compiled engines :

-Belofte 2.0.82 (Static-Android)
-Gunborg 1.65 (Static-Android)
-Olithink 5.9.2 (Static-Android)
-Zurichess-Nidwalden
-FrankyGo

30 days download link : https://pixeldrain.com/u/CMFTAj1N

These engines will be added to the collection later.

@jshriver ; where is your running Rpi4 ? :?:

Merry Christmas days to all.

Pi4Chess
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:13 am
Full name: Manuel Rivera

Re: Chess Engines binaries for Raspberry Pi 4 Linux 64 bits

Post by Pi4Chess » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:25 pm

Updated compilations of 3 engines :

-Igel 2.9 (own net included)
-Stash-bot 26
-Dumb 1.6

30 days download link : https://pixeldrain.com/u/patbEE1U

Pi4Chess
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:13 am
Full name: Manuel Rivera

Re: Chess Engines binaries for Raspberry Pi 4 Linux 64 bits

Post by Pi4Chess » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:07 am

Pedone 3 is out and its armv8 binary works like a charm on Pi4 with linux 64 bits OS, get it there :
https://sites.google.com/site/pedonechess

Pi4Chess
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:13 am
Full name: Manuel Rivera

Re: Chess Engines binaries for Raspberry Pi 4 Linux 64 bits

Post by Pi4Chess » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:36 pm

Updated 2 engines :

-K2 v0.99
-Mayhem 2.6 (300kns to 400/410 kns improvement)

30 days download link : https://pixeldrain.com/u/oaWRdDw9

User avatar
jshriver
Posts: 1184
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:41 pm
Location: Morgantown, WV, USA
Contact:

Re: Chess Engines binaries for Raspberry Pi 4 Linux 64 bits

Post by jshriver » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:20 pm

Pi4Chess wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:36 pm
Updated 2 engines :

-K2 v0.99
-Mayhem 2.6 (300kns to 400/410 kns improvement)

30 days download link : https://pixeldrain.com/u/oaWRdDw9
Woot, I was anxious to play K2 after I saw the update post. Congrats to Mayhem too.

Btw, these engines work like a charm in Chessbase & Fritz 17 using InBetween and ssh to my Pi 4.

Post Reply