Question for Ed Shroder

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Graham Banks

Re: Question for Ed Shroder

Post by Graham Banks »

Yawn. :lol:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Madeleine Birchfield
Full name: Madeleine Birchfield

Post by Madeleine Birchfield »

Talkchess does not have ads or sponsored content. Ed Schroeder's new Prodeo forum has ads and sponsored content
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

mwyoung wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:33 am
hgm wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:15 am That is just an external image, hosted off-site, which first has to be prepared elsewhere, right? Nothing like the FEN button we have here.

And the second link (is that supposed to be the game?) is just a video on youtube, which doesn't even work when you try to play it.

Not impressive...
Yes stay at CCC! It is best for you.

You can post games and diagrams, and videos now. And this is starting out.

And look everyone at this option. Remember this from the old days at CCC. :lol:

https://prodeo.actieforum.com/t58-world ... ngines#381
Of course, it is best for me. This was not even open for discussion.

The matter was which forum software is technically better. And as I originally stated, the ProDeo forum as yet lacks the feature for posting diagrams, and games. Of course you can make images of diagrams elsewhere, and then post those images. Virtually every forum allows posting of off-site images nowadays.

So, yeah, it seems still some upgrading will be needed to get at the same technical level we have here. Until you manage that it is pretty obviously best for everyone to stay at CCC.
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

hgm wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:30 am
hgm wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:15 am That is just an external image, hosted off-site, which first has to be prepared elsewhere, right? Nothing like the FEN button we have here.

And the second link (is that supposed to be the game?) is just a video on youtube, which doesn't even work when you try to play it.

Not impressive...

The matter was which forum software is technically better. And as I originally stated, the ProDeo forum as yet lacks the feature for posting diagrams, and games. Of course you can make images of diagrams elsewhere, and then post those images. Virtually every forum allows posting of off-site images nowadays.

So, yeah, it seems still some upgrading will be needed to get at the same technical level we have here. Until you manage that it is pretty obviously best for everyone to stay at CCC.
Please don't consider integration of youtube shit ;-)
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Talkchess nowadays is a joke - it is full of trolls/idiots/people stuck in the pleistocene > 80% of the posts fall into this category...
Madeleine Birchfield
Full name: Madeleine Birchfield

Post by Madeleine Birchfield »

hgm wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:30 am Of course, it is best for me. This was not even open for discussion.

Quite the contrary, there are plenty of people on talkchess who primarily or only come to post politics on the CTF, and those people should permanently move to the new forum.
hgm

Post by hgm »

Sure, I was just discussing the technical merits of the new forum for computer chess.

For people wanting to post on politics for a very small audience, the new forum is of course ideal, and TalkChess is not an option at all.
Daniel Anulliero

Post by Daniel Anulliero »

hgm wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:06 am Sure, I was just discussing the technical merits of the new forum for computer chess.

For people wanting to post on politics for a very small audience, the new forum is of course ideal, and TalkChess is not an option at all.
+1000 😊
-1000 to myoung (don't know his name) and Mclane (bruce Willis ? 😂)
Now ,as CTF is deleted for good , please post just at the new forum , better for us
Isa download :
mwyoung

Post by mwyoung »

Guenther wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:39 am
hgm wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:30 am

Not impressive...

Please don't consider integration of youtube shit ;-)

I don't know why you clowns keep trying to taunt Ed into responding. Ed has moved on. I don't think he cares what you add, or don't add to try and keep up with the shinny new forum.

What I find funny is if ccc can't fix what is broken here. I doubt if you could integrate youtube. So it is lucky you don't want it. :roll:
"The worst thing that can happen to a forum is a running wild attacking moderator(HGM) who is not corrected by the community." - Ed Schröder
But my words like silent raindrops fell. And echoed in the wells of silence.
hgm

Post by hgm »

It is a mistake to think that anyone cares about Ed here. The title is just a left-over from Larry's title of the original thread, from which this one was split off for being off topic. (I had initially allowed that, because you made it clear that Ed was not willing to answer here, and I figured that would put an end to the original topic. But it turned out that people were quite happy to continue on that without Ed, so the Pro Deo discussion that you started became an off-topic annoyance to them.)

It seems to me that the Pro Deo forum is using the same software as TalkChess (phpBB), just a newer version. So it should not be that difficult to upgrade to it, if we think it is worth the trouble.

And we should not dismiss new technology too easily. I am sure there is lots of shit on youtube, but it can also be useful.
mwyoung

Post by mwyoung »

hgm wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:13 pm It is a mistake to think that anyone cares about Ed here. The title is just a left-over from Larry's title of the original thread, from which this one was split off for being off topic. (I had initially allowed that, because you made it clear that Ed was not willing to answer here, and I figured that would put an end to the original topic. But it turned out that people were quite happy to continue on that without Ed, so the Pro Deo discussion that you started became an off-topic annoyance to them.)

It seems to me that the Pro Deo forum is using the same software as TalkChess (phpBB), just a newer version. So it should not be that difficult to upgrade to it, if we think it is worth the trouble.

And we should not dismiss new technology too easily. I am sure there is lots of shit on youtube, but it can also be useful.
Yes it was off topic by you. You started this nonsense. And here you are still taunting. Now go away. And don't go away mad. Just go away. And let it go.

You act like a impetuous child. No wonder Ed left.
Last edited by mwyoung on Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The worst thing that can happen to a forum is a running wild attacking moderator(HGM) who is not corrected by the community." - Ed Schröder
But my words like silent raindrops fell. And echoed in the wells of silence.