Fat Fritz 2

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Gian-Carlo Pascutto

Re: Fat Fritz 2

Post by Gian-Carlo Pascutto »

dkappe wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:23 am as long as I provide the source code, great... doesn’t make their use of GPL’d software somehow illegal.
But they're not. (As already explained several times above)

You cannot reconstruct the Fat Fritz 2 binary from the published sources.
dkappe
Full name: Dietrich Kappe

Post by dkappe »

Gian-Carlo Pascutto wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:27 am
dkappe wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:23 am as long as I provide the source code, great... doesn’t make their use of GPL’d software somehow illegal.
I’ve checked out the code. Check. I’ve built a binary. Check. I’ve run a net in it. Check. What don’t you understand?
Fat Titz by Stockfish, the engine with the bodaciously big net. Remember: size matters. If you want to learn more about this engine just google for "Fat Titz".
Raphexon
Full name: Henk Drost

Post by Raphexon »

dkappe wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:29 am
I’ve checked out the code. Check. I’ve built a binary. Check. I’ve run a net in it. Check. What don’t you understand?
Does it have identical outputs to the binary distrubuted by Chessbase?
dkappe
Full name: Dietrich Kappe

Post by dkappe »

Raphexon wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:46 am
Does it have identical outputs to the binary distrubuted by Chessbase?
I don’t have the binary distributed by chessbase. I’m pretty confident it will, however, given that I load the same net.
Fat Titz by Stockfish, the engine with the bodaciously big net. Remember: size matters. If you want to learn more about this engine just google for "Fat Titz".
acepoint_de

Post by acepoint_de »

Quotation from the thread, page 1 (pohl4711):

I am testing Fat Fritz 2 right now. Fat Fritz 2 uses a nnue net, which is 2x bigger, than the Stockfish nnue-nets. Because of this, the binary is more than 40MB in size and the nps are measureable lower on my system (AMD Ryzen 12core CPU):

You built a but not the binary. What don't you understand?

Ciao

acepoint
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Is there a 40 mb publicly available nnue? Not looking for the FF2 net , just any 40 mb net that would work with the source.
Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

How much stronger is SF Dev compared with SF 12? I ask because they claim +40 elo with regard to Fat Fritz, but SF Dev must be close or more than 40 elo above it.
Nay Lin Tun

Post by Nay Lin Tun »

Werewolf wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:31 pm How much stronger is SF Dev compared with SF 12? I ask because they claim +40 elo with regard to Fat Fritz, but SF Dev must be close or more than 40 elo above it.
Around +30 elo in Stockfish Regression Test conditions!
https://github.com/glinscott/fishtest/w ... sion-Tests
Nay Lin Tun

Post by Nay Lin Tun »

According to ipman tests,C fish is +20 elo better than FF2. (Cfish is also +20 elo better than regular fish).

https://imgur.com/jMNpJie
APassionForCriminalJustic

Post by APassionForCriminalJustic »

dkappe wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:53 pm
Gian-Carlo Pascutto wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:45 pm
dkappe wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:40 pm And it’s always a good idea to actually check to whom you are responding. :D

Shall I send it to you as cuneiform tablets?
Comments like these are confusing:
http://talkchess.com/forum3/viewtopic.p ... 78#p881878
http://talkchess.com/forum3/viewtopic.p ... 80#p881880
I see the Shop page says it is from Albert Silver, the comment above made it seem as if you were involved.
Nope. I’ve certainly helped with some scripts and advice, but I do all of my chess development and net training for free. If I were to sell my work, however, then I would be a thief and a terrible person. The GPL is not anti business or anti profit. Quite the opposite. It just seems that in chess circles, profit is viewed as evil.
There is nothing wrong with selling your hard work, and making a profit but this is blatant theft. Maybe the GPL is junk and needs an update. QUITE SERIOUSLY. What is of the community should stay with the community; it shouldn't become a pet, scheming, scam-pilot project called "FAT FRITZ 2". There shouldn't even be an argument or a discussion in defense of Chessbase's knockoff scheme. It's just downright petty. Really? The new number one? LMAO. It's a freaking Stockfish derivative. That's all it is.

This whole thing is complete nonsense.

Call it WHAT IT IS. THEFT. STEALING. KNOCK OFF. There is absolutely no difference between what Chessbase is doing or those markets in China that sell knockoff branded shoes. Profiting off the work of others is a PATHETIC thing. Congratulations Chessbase.