The time control was NOT quicker and my machine is an Intel Core i3 8350K which is just slightly slower than the one used by CCRL to test Stash 27.0, but in reality it does NOT matter since both Komodo and Stach 27 used the same machine. Another point that you should consider is that in the game that I pointed out GM Nakamura Vs Komodo Nakamura was playing with just the f7 pawn Odds, whereas, I gave Stash 27.0 an Extra pawn the c7 + f7 pawn Odds.MonteCarlo wrote: ↑Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:58 pmYeah, a few quick points.
1. As I said clearly already, Stash 27.0 is still quite a bit weaker than Komodo, so I know it will lose some games.
2. Some of the moves in that game Stash 27.0 switches from quickly for me, so either your machine is very slow and/or the TC was faster than the Naka match, both of which would likely decrease the weaker player's chances.
3. As Larry mentioned, that was not one of the odds from that match.
4. Nowhere have I ever said that there will be no example of something a human might do better than Stash 27.0, especially as a one-off.
My only points have been these, which are in no way affected by the game you posted.
1. Stash 27.0 is ~3000 CCRL blitz, so it shouldn't be surprising if it can outperform strong humans at some chess tasks
2. A human like Naka is a big underdog in blitz against ~3000 CCRL engines; his 3000+ chess.com blitz rating is not relevant.
For that matter, a single game is also not "proof" that Naka is stronger than Stash 27.0. I've won individual games against a lot of much stronger players, and even that isn't what happened here.
CCRL 40/15 Rating List — All engines (best versions only) (Quote)
Ponder off, General book (up to 12 moves), 3-4-5 piece EGTB
Time control: Equivalent to 40 moves in 15 minutes on an Intel i7-4770k.
Computed on February 20, 2021 with Bayeselo based on 1'218'554 games
Color legend: Commercial, Free, Open source, Private.
Bold font - tested with 200 games or more. Normal font - less than 200 games.
67 Stash 27.0 64-bit 2992 +31 −31 50.2% −1.5 44.2% 328
68‑69 FabChess 1.16 64-bit 2983 +20 −20 56.8% −47.7 42.8% 811
68‑69 Scorpio 2.8 64-bit 4CPU 2983 +25 −25 48.8% +7.0 46.3% 492