Any way to use Fat Fritz 2 as an UCI engine?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Paul Bedrey

Any way to use Fat Fritz 2 as an UCI engine?

Post by Paul Bedrey »

I'm still having trouble running it against another engine on a separate computer. I can get it to play in Easy Game mode but I'm not sure how strong that is. I'm not interested in running No Ponder games so I choose to test with two side by side computers using ponder on. I usually use Arena for both engines and load in the Noonan Low Draw rate pgn file.

When using Fritz 17 I get a sound like a car trying to start for Fat Fritz in both Enter/Analyze and Classic menu. Works fine in Easy Game. I'm not interested in online PlayChess so maybe this program isn't for me.

And as long as I'm asking, how about a link to two separate computers to run an automated game rather than me make the moves for them?
Modern Times

Re: Any way to use Fat Fritz 2 as an UCI engine?

Post by Modern Times »

It is a UCI engine already. Don't know about running two computers, there are various ways and someone will reply to your post with the options I'm sure.
NoChessNoLife
Full name: Lev Chen

Post by NoChessNoLife »

You cannot run a match in Fritz 17 GUI between 2 different computers. That feature has been removed since Fritz 11. So Fritz 11 is the only GUI which allows you to run a match between 2 different computers.
I would suggest you to use Banksia GUI which is a very nice interface to run computer matches, and it will allow 2 different computers in a network, including your smartphone if you wish.
Here's the link: https://banksiagui.com/download/
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

NoChessNoLife wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:11 pm You cannot run a match in Fritz 17 GUI between 2 different computers. That feature has been removed since Fritz 11. So Fritz 11 is the only GUI which allows you to run a match between 2 different computers.
I would suggest you to use Banksia GUI which is a very nice interface to run computer matches, and it will allow 2 different computers in a network, including your smartphone if you wish.
Here's the link: https://banksiagui.com/download/
I think it's still possible with various other tools around, but those might be way to complicated for the OP.

just one of them (the other was by B.Wallner IIRC)
http://talkchess.com/forum3/viewtopic.p ... tz#p496605
Last edited by Guenther on Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Chessqueen + chessica + AlexChess + Eduard + Sylwy
mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Post by mclane »

Paul Bedrey wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:01 pm I'm still having trouble running it against another engine on a separate computer. I can get it to play in Easy Game mode but I'm not sure how strong that is. I'm not interested in running No Ponder games so I choose to test with two side by side computers using ponder on. I usually use Arena for both engines and load in the Noonan Low Draw rate pgn file.

When using Fritz 17 I get a sound like a car trying to start for Fat Fritz in both Enter/Analyze and Classic menu. Works fine in Easy Game. I'm not interested in online PlayChess so maybe this program isn't for me.

And as long as I'm asking, how about a link to two separate computers to run an automated game rather than me make the moves for them?
As I see it fat fritz is an exploit of a non commercial open source engine Stockfish.
I wonder if the makers of that engine operate in legal areas.

Talkchess should not promote Illegal Promotion.

IMO all fat Fritz threads should immediately been closed because the legal status of this product is in question.
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....
Guenther

Post by Guenther »

mclane wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:59 pm
Paul Bedrey wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:01 pm I'm still having trouble running it against another engine on a separate computer. I can get it to play in Easy Game mode but I'm not sure how strong that is. I'm not interested in running No Ponder games so I choose to test with two side by side computers using ponder on. I usually use Arena for both engines and load in the Noonan Low Draw rate pgn file.

As I see it fat fritz is an exploit of a non commercial open source engine Stockfish.
I wonder if the makers of that engine operate in legal areas.

Talkchess should not promote Illegal Promotion.

IMO all fat Fritz threads should immediately been closed because the legal status of this product is in question.
It is not talkchess but one of the CTF dinosaurs (like you) creeping in - you sure remember him ;-)
This is a wormhole for Ex-CTF weirdos it seems...

trollwatch:
mclane

Post by mclane »

Your posting sound extremely cryptic Günther.

Fact is fat fritz2 as fat fritz 1 is an illegal copy of Stockfish promoted by chess base, a German Company from Hamburg. as a new product .

Its piracy.

A computer company sells an illegal product.

If I would be the programmers of Stockfish I Would law suit ChessBase until the company takes the product out of the market all over the World.

PS: i am not a CTF dinosaur. I am one of the founders of this forum Talkchess. Keep your facts straight.
Last edited by mclane on Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guenther

Post by Guenther »

mclane wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:07 pm Your posting sound extremely cryptic Günther.

Fact is fat fritz2 as fat fritz 1 is an illegal copy of Stockfish promoted by chess base, a German Company from Hamburg. as a new product .

Its piracy.

If I would be the programmers of Stockfish I Would law suit ChessBase until the company takes the product out of the market all over the World.
What is cryptic about you and Bedrey?

trollwatch:
mclane

Post by mclane »

Guenther wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:07 pm
mclane wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:07 pm Your posting sound extremely cryptic Günther.

Its piracy.

What is cryptic about you and Bedrey?
Chessbase sells something that is not their own property.
They did not Program it.
They did not even asked the authors of the source code to promote it.

This is illegal IMO.

And talkchess should IMO not promote illegal sales .

That’s computer piracy.

Since when did we founded this forum to promote computer chess Piracy ????
chessico

Post by chessico »

Everybody is allowed to press Stockfish on DVD or whatever and sell it for as much money as people are willing to pay.
I could do it, you could do it, and of course CB can do it. (respecting the license, of course, with source code and so on.)
I have been wondering for many years when they would figure that out and it took them a long time.
Probably it just shows that they don't have the money for a programmer any longer ...