Engine window in fat fritz 2/fritz 17

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

simonizeourwatches
Full name: THOMAS PEEBLES

Engine window in fat fritz 2/fritz 17

Post by simonizeourwatches »

Earlier versions of Fritz allowed me to see the end (right side) of a long line of engine output using the slider at the bottom of the window. Is there a way to shift the window to the right so I can see the final moves in a line? If I make the font any smaller I will not be able to read it. Thanks.
simonizeourwatches

Re: Engine window in fat fritz 2/fritz 17

I don't see a way to edit my post so I will write a reply. It's not the window itself I want to shift. It's the text in the window, so I can read the text on the right, which is not visible because it extends beyond the right side of the window. Fritz used to provide a slider to move the text back and forth.
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

Doesn't the text in your window word wrap? Mine just wraps to the next line, no need to see a slider to scroll.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

simonizeourwatches wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:00 pm I don't see a way to edit my post so I will write a reply. It's not the window itself I want to shift. It's the text in the window, so I can read the text on the right, which is not visible because it extends beyond the right side of the window. Fritz used to provide a slider to move the text back and forth.
I checked , both views for analysis , using the standard view or classic view, and the analysis word-wraps , You can check this, by dragging the lower right corner in and out , and you should see the wrapping auto adjust. If that is not happening, you might want to reset your view to Factory Settings click >Menu>View and select >Factory Settings. If that doesn't work, take a screenshot and send your issue to Chessbase Support -> https://en.chessbase.com/support-new
simonizeourwatches

@MikeB @JohnW I tried "factory reset"" but that did not help. I tried moving the right lower corner in all directions, no wrapping of any line. What operating system are you using?
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

simonizeourwatches wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:23 am @MikeB @JohnW I tried "factory reset"" but that did not help. I tried moving the right lower corner in all directions, no wrapping of any line. What operating system are you using?
System Information:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042