Weird behaviour of Pigeon 1.51 - Help requested

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Gabor Szots
Full name: Gabor Szots

Re: Weird behaviour of Pigeon 1.51 - Help requested

Post by Gabor Szots »

Guenther wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:14 pm https://rwbc-chess.de/download.htm
Somehow I can't find Pigeon in your collection.
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

Gabor Szots wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:11 pm
Did you try a refresh? - it there since hours.
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Talkchess nowadays is a joke - it is full of trolls/idiots/people stuck in the pleistocene > 80% of the posts fall into this category...
Guenther

Post by Guenther »

Gabor Szots wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:03 pm
Guenther wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:14 pm The test match between the fixed version and the old version ended 81:47.
tc 40/2, both 128MB hash
(If someone reallls is interested all ganmes are available as pgn too)
Thanks Günther and Martin!

Our scripts remove very short games and games with an abnormally biased opening so I hope CCRL ranking of Pigeon is not distorted (although bugs are part of the engine).
I'm going to use the fix in my future tournaments and will see if there is significant difference.
I did not find traces of that bug in the 40/15 list, but I did not check carefully the blitz games, because it has all move comments stripped off.
BTW I would welcome if you could at least keep the result comment. It would have saved me some time to check, which games were drawn
by 3-fold e.g. in the case of my Sargontest for repetitions. I think that should be easy?

For Pigeon it is not clear, if CCRL is affected at all. If you read the thread again, you will notice that this only happens with start positions probably
below 12 plies (no idea why and also here in only 1/3 of cases) and it is yet unknown, if popcount is concerned at all, but that should be tested by someone. (I can't)

trollwatch:
Talkchess nowadays is a joke - it is full of trolls/idiots/people stuck in the pleistocene > 80% of the posts fall into this category...
tmokonen
Full name: Tony Mokonen

Post by tmokonen »

Guenther wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:59 pm
Gabor Szots wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:11 pm
Did you try a refresh? - it there since hours.
I was having the same issue, and I tried refreshing and also logging in to my Google account, and no luck. I see your recent upload of Berzerk, but not Pigeon.
Gabor Szots

Post by Gabor Szots »

Refreshed umpteen times, still not there. Are you sure you did not put it somewhere else? Or maybe Google removed it because of 'harmful' content?
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group
Gabor Szots

Post by Gabor Szots »

Guenther wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:06 pmBTW I would welcome if you could at least keep the result comment.
Result comment (if we are talking about the same thing) can be kept only if it was part of the PGN. But under Arena I have switched that off because the scripts removed games with the text 'time' in them and result comments included 'time forfeit' when an engine lost on time. Of course, you might say. But sometimes at the moment of time forfeit the engine was losing anyway so it would be a mistake to remove that game. The only solution would be editing the PGN manually and you can imagine that I would not want to do that.
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group
Guenther

Post by Guenther »

Gabor Szots wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:48 am Refreshed umpteen times, still not there. Are you sure you did not put it somewhere else? Or maybe Google removed it because of 'harmful' content?
Hi Gabor & Tony,

Just for verification, you see it at my download main page at RWBC, but it is not there (for you) at the google drive folder, is that correct?

Well, it seems it is flagged and 'reported for abuse'. How I should I preceed, this is the first time for me?
I don't want immediately change the download place for it out of principle, I would like to have it solved there.

trollwatch:
Gabor Szots

Post by Gabor Szots »

Guenther wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:30 am Well, it seems it is flagged and 'reported for abuse'. How I should I preceed, this is the first time for me?
I don't want immediately change the download place for it out of principle, I would like to have it solved there.
Yes, it's on the download page but not in the folder.

I had this once. I don't remember how I got rid of it. Something with the compilation or the archiver?

Could you share the sources until you find the solution?
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group
Guenther

Post by Guenther »

Gabor Szots wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:42 am
Guenther wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:30 am Well, it seems it is flagged and 'reported for abuse'. How I should I preceed, this is the first time for me?
Yes, it's on the download page but not in the folder.

I had this once. I don't remember how I got rid of it. Something with the compilation or the archiver?

Could you share the sources until you find the solution?
I wanted it to be fixed quick! First I tried zip with normal compression instead of maximum, but that failed too,
it will be flagged within 30 seconds.
Before, I checked the google community forum for google drive and I could see that requests about false positives
practically never end in useful replies, or they end in useless discussions about AV practice and security first ;-)

So I bowed down to google and created a new folder on my own space again.
From my change log:

Code: Select all

22.02. : updated downloads + added a folder for false_positives to avoid google drive flagging
So please try again and refresh first. All should be updated now.

trollwatch:
Gabor Szots

Post by Gabor Szots »

Thanks, it's OK now.
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group