We are the Computer Chess Community. We control ourselves.

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Dann Corbit, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
dkappe
Posts: 817
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:52 pm
Full name: Dietrich Kappe

Re: We are the Computer Chess Community. We control ourselves.

Post by dkappe » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:01 am

towforce wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:17 pm
Does anyone understand what witch hunting has to do with the facts about FF2?
(and the lies in the beginning and the marketing scam, which goes down to pieces now slowly)
Probably he still believes in a witchhunt vs. Houdini too?

The sentence 'I am a tester not a judge' leaves some bitter aftertaste, it is quite analogue to a lot of horrible wrongdoings in mankind.
Which silly person wrote this? What tosh.

dkappe
Posts: 817
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:52 pm
Full name: Dietrich Kappe

Re: We are the Computer Chess Community. We control ourselves.

Post by dkappe » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:17 am

AndrewGrant wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:27 pm
Its not bully, its abandoning.
Says the bully in chief. You and noob are not nice people. In the history of toxic personalities at CCC, you have exceeded them all. You are a cancer on the community. Seek help.

noobpwnftw
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:10 pm

Re: We are the Computer Chess Community. We control ourselves.

Post by noobpwnftw » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:32 am

Interesting, now that you care about people being nice?

I think not only I'm very nice, but also very flexible, here is my offer: if ChessBase replaces all occurrences of Albert Silver to Dietrich Kappe, I'll keep quiet and let it go.

dkappe
Posts: 817
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:52 pm
Full name: Dietrich Kappe

Re: We are the Computer Chess Community. We control ourselves.

Post by dkappe » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:35 am

noobpwnftw wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:32 am
Interesting, now that you care about people being nice?

I think not only I'm very nice, but also very flexible, here is my offer: if ChessBase replaces all occurrences of Albert Silver to Dietrich Kappe, I'll keep quiet and let it go.
There is only one occurrence of me. I’m big enough as it is.

Here is my offer: if you stop acting like an 8 year old boy and creating a bro culture in the stockfish project, I’ll keep quiet and let it go.

noobpwnftw
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:10 pm

Re: We are the Computer Chess Community. We control ourselves.

Post by noobpwnftw » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:39 am

Why do you care about any of the communities that have you banned anyways? I didn't ask for that, you earned it yourself.

dkappe
Posts: 817
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:52 pm
Full name: Dietrich Kappe

Re: We are the Computer Chess Community. We control ourselves.

Post by dkappe » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:45 am

noobpwnftw wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:39 am
Why do you care about any of the communities that have you banned anyways? I didn't ask for that, you earned it yourself.
It’s a neat trick banning someone who no longer belongs to your community. Hold on...I’ve banned you from the a0lite discord. Now don’t you feel bad?

gonzochess75
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:29 pm
Full name: Adam Treat

Re: We are the Computer Chess Community. We control ourselves.

Post by gonzochess75 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:08 am

noobpwnftw wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:51 pm
People did some tests and here are the results:
https://discord.com/channels/4359437104 ... 0529749014
Official test by SF team, at fishtest conditions, of Stockfish 13 vs
the sold version of CB/AS (ff2) net and the corresponding Stockfish player.
You can also now find the official test results by the SF team here at https://fatfritz.net/ which by the way has full transparency regarding the test setup, the test parameters, the people involved, the actual games and so on.

Image

Given these results the claim by some that FF2 patches/net are just a regression on SF seems to be confirmed. Imagine that. All of this so people can pay for what amounts to a regression.

dkappe
Posts: 817
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:52 pm
Full name: Dietrich Kappe

Re: We are the Computer Chess Community. We control ourselves.

Post by dkappe » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:11 am

gonzochess75 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:08 am
noobpwnftw wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:51 pm
People did some tests and here are the results:
https://discord.com/channels/4359437104 ... 0529749014
Official test by SF team, at fishtest conditions, of Stockfish 13 vs
the sold version of CB/AS (ff2) net and the corresponding Stockfish player.
You can also now find the official test results by the SF team here at https://fatfritz.net/ which by the way has full transparency regarding the test setup, the test parameters, the people involved, the actual games and so on.

...

Given these results the claim by some that FF2 patches/net are just a regression on SF seems to be confirmed. Imagine that. All of this so people can pay for what amounts to a regression.
Typical fishtest scam. Let’s have this confirmed by some impartial testers. Or are you just going to attack anyone who doesn’t agree with you?

connor_mcmonigle
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:40 am
Full name: Connor McMonigle

Re: We are the Computer Chess Community. We control ourselves.

Post by connor_mcmonigle » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:20 am

dkappe wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:11 am
gonzochess75 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:08 am
noobpwnftw wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:51 pm
People did some tests and here are the results:
https://discord.com/channels/4359437104 ... 0529749014
Official test by SF team, at fishtest conditions, of Stockfish 13 vs
the sold version of CB/AS (ff2) net and the corresponding Stockfish player.
You can also now find the official test results by the SF team here at https://fatfritz.net/ which by the way has full transparency regarding the test setup, the test parameters, the people involved, the actual games and so on.

...

Given these results the claim by some that FF2 patches/net are just a regression on SF seems to be confirmed. Imagine that. All of this so people can pay for what amounts to a regression.
Typical fishtest scam. Let’s have this confirmed by some impartial testers. Or are you just going to attack anyone who doesn’t agree with you?
These results are consistent with many other testers' results. Prematurely labeling this testing a "scam" is unnecessarily incendiary and immature. In fact, the only testing that's inconsistent with the general consensus which has formed as to the FF2 network's strength (-5 to -20 elo to SF 13) is Albert's published testing on ChessBase. Why aren't you so vocally decrying Albert's testing as a scam?

noobpwnftw
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:10 pm

Re: We are the Computer Chess Community. We control ourselves.

Post by noobpwnftw » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:21 am

dkappe wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:11 am
Or are you just going to attack anyone who doesn’t agree with you?
You mean like what you do?

Post Reply