Allie bows out of TCEC to (possibly??) make room for Ceres?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

gonzochess75
Full name: Adam Treat

Allie bows out of TCEC to (possibly??) make room for Ceres?

Post by gonzochess75 »

Yo. Just posted this in TCEC discord. https://discord.com/channels/4790034391 ... 9660739636

Of course, only the owners/admins of TCEC get to decide who/what competes. I'm just sayin if Allie is in the way of Ceres, I'm happy to step aside.

Been awesome! :)
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Re: Allie bows out of TCEC to (possibly??) make room for Ceres?

Post by Damir »

Since there are so many neural network engines competing in TCEC, why should not both Allie and Ceres compete at the same time, since they are both different engines?
gonzochess75
Full name: Adam Treat

Post by gonzochess75 »

Damir wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:33 pm Since there are so many neural network engines competing in TCEC, why should not both Allie and Ceres compete at the same time, since they are both different engines?
It is up to the TCEC organizers but the problem as I see it is the Stein series of weights file can't be used by both.
Madeleine Birchfield
Full name: Madeleine Birchfield

Post by Madeleine Birchfield »

This has been a long time coming, ever since Allie's author refused to fix the bugs that caused Allie to crash multiple times in TCEC season 20 testing, because he announced Allie is out of development and has moved on to Ethereal's development.
jshriver

Post by jshriver »

Madeleine Birchfield wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:50 am This has been a long time coming, ever since Allie's author refused to fix the bugs that caused Allie to crash multiple times in TCEC season 20 testing, because he announced Allie is out of development and has moved on to Ethereal's development.
Didnt know about that, I like the Allie(stein) engine. Will look into Ethereal.