Amazing Computer Board on Kickstarter

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

towforce

Re: Amazing Computer Board on Kickstarter

Post by towforce »

Milos wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:40 pm
M ANSARI wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:00 am Looks interesting but what is the hardware for the chess engine?
Whatever hardware it is, it's able to run SF which means it can destroy Carlsen or any human on max strength. So unless you are gonna use it for analysis hardware is totally irrelevant.

I might be wrong, but I thought that playing SF on the board meant running it on a separate device that is connected (via Bluetooth or WiFi)?
Writing is the antidote to confusion.
It's not "how smart you are", it's "how are you smart".
Your brain doesn't work the way you want, so train it!
M ANSARI

Post by M ANSARI »

M ANSARI wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:00 am Looks interesting but what is the hardware for the chess engine?
Whatever hardware it is, it's able to run SF which means it can destroy Carlsen or any human on max strength. So unless you are gonna use it for analysis hardware is totally irrelevant.

Now that is interesting. Didn't realize that SF on Rasberry was that strong! Has there been an ELO estimate on that hardware for SF?
amanjpro
Full name: Amanj Sherwany

Post by amanjpro »

M ANSARI wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:38 pm

Now that is interesting. Didn't realize that SF on Rasberry was that strong! Has there been an ELO estimate on that hardware for SF?

I'm running Zahak on raspberry pi, and it is roughly 100 elo weaker than the same engine on my old but still good mac. I believe stockfish will be the same